Global Warming - don't wait up!

You couldn't deny that i was correct in my answer could you Monty? So you had to try and have a little swipe at me on a subject totally unrelated. Then again, i guess that's pretty typical if the "Global Warming" groupies,... when the truth can't be denied change the subject.

True,... I am not a blind sycophant to this so called "science" that persists in spite of all the visible evidence.

Global warming you say? and just how many have died in Europe this winter as a result of the most severe winter in a hundred years.

The term is "Climate Change" not "Global Warming"and the earth has been doing it since it's creation, and no doubt will continue to do it long after we are dead and buried.
eww.gif

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!, it's gunna kill us all,... squark, squaarrrrk!

I was just outside and its really hot therefore global warming is a fact of course it being summer may also explain it just as the cold weather in Europe may possibly have something to do with it being winter.

But hey when you are prepared to stop using localised weather patterns in place of long term climate change data you let me know and we will discuss it further.

But hey when you are prepared to stop using localised weather patterns in place of long term climate change data you let me know and we will discuss it further.
Since when was localised weather not part of the climate, and when was the entire Northern and Southern hemisphere's weather regarded as a "localised" system. What other hemispheres do you have in your world? Show me then that this in not part of a long term climate change, virtually everything I read in the papers says it is, and that we are going to have to get used to it. Even the doubting Thomas's among the "scientific" community are starting to hedge their bets, as they realise that things are not going as they initially predicted.

But then again as Perseus says, the papers are only scandal rags.

Northern hemisphere winters appear to be getting colder, Southern hemisphere summers are getting hotter.

We just had our best farming year in about 15 years here, with wetter winter and hotter summer. The crops were so good it's knocked the @rse out of the wheat and barley market.

Rather hot in south Australia at the moment isn't it senojekips?

Woomera is 35C in the middle of the night. I know its hot there at this time of year, but surely not that hot?

I think 2009 is very near to being the warmest year on record for the Southern hemisphere

Last edited:

Woomera is 35C in the middle of the night. I know its hot there at this time of year, but surely not that hot?

I think 2009 is very near to being the warmest year on record for the Southern hemisphere

There is snow and ice in Florida, USA and the orange crops are freezing. So I what is your point?:lol:

As Chukpike said and as i have said,... several times, The Northern hemisphere is getting Colder winters , the southern hemisphere is having warmer summers, net gain NIL.

It's climate change, NOT Global warming. The earth has been doing it since it's creation and will still be doing it after you and I are dead and gone.

It was a also our best cropping year in 15 years.

Don't tell the Inuit. The general trend has been increasing all over senojekips

The first graph only goes up to 2008

NASA-GISS_NS_sm.jpg

The global one seems to be updated with the 2009 figure
208488main_global_temp_change.jpg

Last edited:
Read Northern and Southern Hemisphere land masses.

Do some reading on ocean current trends, and the suspected cause and effect of their changes particularly it's effect on the polar ice caps.

You realise of course that all this material has already been dealt with. No you are bloody "thick".

You can bleat and whine, but only the insecure will be stampeded into your "The Sky is falling" mini panic attack. Gradually the public are loosing patience with the "expert" opinion and returning to common sense realising that there's little chancethis is man made and even if it was there's absolutely nothing we could do to really change it.

Come back and see me when you have control of the day to day weather and I'll give you a serious hearing. In the mean time you can go back to jumping out of hedges and scaring little old ladies.

Last edited:
No you are bloody "thick".
Sorry to have offended you with the truth.

From now on I promise to start using common sense and start looking out of the window and stop relying on international data sets. These are obviously manipulated by corrupt scientists whose only purpose in life was to use their hard academic achievements to obtain back handers in billion dollar carbon deals. It's all the rage in CRU you know, the London City boys are really jealous.

Note the plots are hemispheres not polar. However, isn't it strange those Jason boys predicted greater warming at the poles back in 1979!

1979 JASON "The long term impact of atmospheric carbon dioxide on climate, Concerned about long term implications of dramatically increased coal use. At current fossil fuel use rates, atmospheric CO2 likely to double by 2035. And, this would perturb the climate by altering the irradiative properties of the atmosphere. Their models for the atmosphere predicted that the average temperature would increase about 2 - 4 degrees C, but the large zonal differences, up to 10 - 12 decrees C at the poles. The term "Polar Amplification" prediction is that the warming effect at the poles will be 4 to 5 times greater at the poles than the global average.

Indeed temperatures are currently about 4 times higher at the Arctic than globally and 2-4 C is bang in the middle of the latest predictions. Clever chaps Eh? However, perhaps you are right and the IPCC are a waste of time!

PS So much for the myths about everyone predicting an ice age, in fact most were predictions of warming, even then.

Last edited:
Sorry to have offended you with the truth.

From now on I promise to start using common sense and start looking out of the window and stop relying on international data sets. These are obviously manipulated by corrupt scientists whose only purpose in life was to use their hard academic achievements to obtain back handers in billion dollar carbon deals. It's all the rage in CRU you know, the London City boys are really jealous.

Note the plots are hemispheres not polar. However, isn't it strange those Jason boys predicted greater warming at the poles back in 1979!

Indeed temperatures are currently about 4 times higher at the Arctic than globally and 2-4 C is bang in the middle of the latest predictions. Clever chaps Eh? However, perhaps you are right and the IPCC are a waste of time!

PS So much for the myths about everyone predicting an ice age, in fact most were predictions of warming, even then.
Well you've got some things right. But they're not so crass as to call it backhanders, they use the more civilised term, "Research funds"

You couldn't deny that i was correct in my answer could you Monty? So you had to try and have a little swipe at me on a subject totally unrelated. Then again, i guess that's pretty typical if the "Global Warming" groupies,... when the truth can't be denied change the subject.

True,... I am not a blind sycophant to this so called "science" that persists in spite of all the visible evidence.

Global warming you say? and just how many have died in Europe this winter as a result of the most severe winter in a hundred years.

The term is "Climate Change" not "Global Warming"and the earth has been doing it since it's creation, and no doubt will continue to do it long after we are dead and buried.
eww.gif

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!, it's gunna kill us all,... squark, squaarrrrk!

I totally agree...this has been going on since the beginning of time....LOL, love that screaming freak!! ;) lol...

That was a wink?

Sorry,... I thought you had crap in your eyes. Just as well you let me know,... I wuz gunna kick you in the gonads just to get your eyes watering.

The mini ice-age starts here;from the highly respected David Rose. Unmissable contribution. Enjoy:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html

which assert that the warming of the Earth since 1900 has been driven solely by man-made greenhouse gas emissions Most of the warming is attributed to greenhouse gases not all. ...challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy’s most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in summer by 2013. The 2013 is a minority view, a few decades perhaps, According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this....it is profoundly misleading since the trend in very firmly down, and last year was probably the minimum volume of ice on record

Arctic%20Sea%20Ice%201979%20to%202009.jpg

200910062100370.jpg

He certainly wouldn't manage to pass a school exam if he attempted to write this tripe. Good job the Daily Mail allows imbeciles like him to make it up as they go along. They should be banned on the basis of deliberately circulating dangerous propaganda

You are damaging your brain Del Boy (if that is still possible) throw it away. Disgraceful propaganda.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you attempted to balance your figures with the increase in Antarctic Ice mass over a similar period.

It's all been posted before, you never learn,... you just keep bashing away with that special desperation that seems to be the sole province of zealots and con men.

You are at least persistent,... if not convincing.

Now we have you attacking not only the newspaper, not only the investigative journalist of high credentials, but also his scientific sources. You have aimed to have arrested every source with an opinion different from yours so far.

On the other hand, I try to give an airing to the opposing view, for the record.

.....................................................................................................................................

David Rose is a writer and investigative journalist
His awards include the David Watt Memorial Prize and the One World award for human rights journalism.
His work regularly appears in The Observer and Vanity Fair.
Among his books are In the Name of the Law, a widely-praised examination of the British criminal justice system [buy from Amazon.co.uk]; and A Climate of Fear, an investigation of the Broadwater Farm case and the conviction of Winston Silcott [buy from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk].
He has also written books on mountaineering, including Regions of the Heart [buy from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk], a biography of Alison Hargreaves, the British climber who died in her attempt to conquer K2, and he is working on a book about the US death penalty centred on a miscarriage of justice in the town of Columbus, Georgia.
He lives in Oxford with his family.

David Rose
bio_rose2.jpg
David Rose began writing for Vanity Fair in 2001 and became a contributing editor in 2002. He is also a special-investigations writer for the U.K.’s Mail on Sunday. Rose began his career in 1981 as a reporter for Time Out magazine in London. In 1984, he joined The Guardian, where he did groundbreaking work on the Guilford Four and Birmingham Six I.R.A. bombing cases. From 1997 to 2001, he made three investigative documentary series for the BBC. Rose has received numerous journalism awards, including a One World–European Union award for journalism in the service of human rights (1997) and the Royal Institute of International Affairs David Watt Memorial Prize (1993). He is the author of six books, including Guantánamo: The War on Human Rights (New Press, 2004) and The Big Eddy Club (New Press, 2007), which was short-listed for the U.K. Crime Writers’ Association Golden Dagger.

..................................................................................................................................

Why not give up on slagging off a newspaper with a distribution of over 2,000,000, with sound contributors ; OK - disagree, show where - that I can accept.

I read and write a great deal, I require no instruction from you on that score.

Last edited:
current.anom.south.jpg

I have my doubts if the increase in Antarctic sea ice is statistically significant, it is certainly far less pronounced than the Arctic decline. There are also very good reasons why this hasn't been happening at the South pole in the same way as the North, as Monty explained earlier possibly in another thread.

Last edited:
You quote readers post DelBoy so I will take a short cut and do the same because I can't improve on this one:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Daily Mail? This is the best you've got? The Daily ***** Mail??? Are you ***** serious? It's a ***** tabloid. They have as much credibility as a drunk at the corner of the street.

Who is David Rose? I'll tell you: a hack journalist with ZERO scientific credentials. He knows nothing about science. His article is full of statements with no attribution that we are supposed to take on faith. ...

You are going to have freakish crazy weather all over the globe, it is not all going to be getting hotter everywhere, cretins! Are you so ***** stupid as to think the local weather conditions reflect the general trends of the entire planet? It is not simple, it is a vastly complex system.

Get back to us with something from a peer reviewed journal, something academic, simpletons

OK heres a better one

The Inconvenient Truth about David Rose’s ‘Special Investigation’

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2009/12/14/9845/

Last edited:
Roy Spencer, one of the very few vaguely Credible sceptics (I pay him a big complement there) regularly publishes satellite data to measure the temperature in different layers of the atmosphere, immune from urban heat island effects due to the wide coverage, although of course all measurements fully adjust for this.

However, it's always been somewhat at odds with the other ground based observations, showing only a limited increase. This is not really controversial since it is well known that the incline reduces at altitude for well known reasons.

It seems that he has dropped the layer nearer the ground all the time (in blue here). Of course this shows the greatest incline, largely consistent with the ground data. To what extent this is deliberate deception we can only guess, but a different thing altogether from the perfectly valid adjustments essential with tree ring data for example.

Now we can use the phrase 'HIDE THE INCLINE'!

amsutemptrends.png

He was number 11 on the climate villain list

11) Professor Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville

Misdeeds: Professor Spencer is skeptically of widely accepted Paleoclimate data, like the kind provided by 800,000 year old ice cores, because he believes God created the earth and sculpted man out of clay approximately 6,000 years ago. Even you can do better, Alabama.
Corporate teats: Heartland Institute, George C. Marshall Institute, Republican Party, numerous lobbying firms and NASA. (Really? This idiot works at NASA? We’re ****ing doomed.)
Most egregious lie: Spencer coauthored a roundly debunked scientific paper with fellow denier John Christie that “proved” the troposphere (the lowest part of the atmosphere) was cooling, despite satellite data to the contrary. Spencer apologized for the error, but the incident added to his legendary status among deniers.
Comeuppance: The magical harp that Jesus gives him during the Rapture only plays “Wango Tango.”

Last edited:
Back