The German tanks

Doomprophet

Hi

I ould like to hear your opinion on the current german battletank
do you think it rocks
or do you think it sucks
tell me your opinion
I always like to hear people from other countries talk over our Military Hardware

Well how can you fault the Germans when it comes to cutting edge technology? The Leopard IIs are as fine as tanks come.

Leopard 2 serie rocks! One of the best MBTs in the world.

Germans have always been good in engineering tanks and other armored vehicles.

Have to agree there! They sure know their engineering!
You know what they say - in heaven, the Germans will be the Engineers, the french - cooks and the Brits-police....

........Germany has got alot of good crap...if they make their tanks like they make beer then I would have to say they are the best in the world :)

Doomprophet said:
Hi

do you think it rocks
or do you think it sucks
tell me your opinion
I always like to hear people from other countries talk over our Military Hardware
I'm torn between the Leopard II and the Merkava. One of those two is my pick for the best tank in the world. Germans know tanks. They've proven that time after time.

What's the armor like on a Leopard 2?

By the way, I don't get this facination with the Merkava 4, it seems like an M1A2 or Challenger 2 would thoroughly destroy a Merkava due to the disparity in armor.

the leopard II is pretty rough, although it does not have alot of sloping armor, its design is cutting edge and although it weights more than the abram, it has the same kind of sweet mobility

um.... id like to buy one of htose

Doomprophet said:
Hi

do you think it rocks
or do you think it sucks
tell me your opinion

Well I imagine that Leopards are put together in a similar way to your cars, which generally are probably the best in the world all things considered. After all, Dr Ferdinand Porsche was a tank designer/builder in WW2.

Your tank is at least one of the top 3 tanks in the world if you want me to spell it out further :)

At first lagged behind in Tank Technology during World War I, then we pioneered the full capabilities and effectiveness of tanks during World War II. I think the radical thinkers during the 1930's who foresaw the role of tanks in the battlefield somewhat contributed to the modern concept of a true Main Battle Tank.

Cabal said:
At first lagged behind in Tank Technology during World War I, then we pioneered the full capabilities and effectiveness of tanks during World War II. I think the radical thinkers during the 1930's who foresaw the role of tanks in the battlefield somewhat contributed to the modern concept of a true Main Battle Tank.

Aye, you were eons ahead of everyone else in that respect....blitzkrieg is still used today, though funnily enough the French pre second world war concept of using tanks (which failed miserably) as infantry support weapon was used just now in Iraq...more precisely Fallujah.
Though in my mind it would fail again if pitted against blitzkrieg and not some insurgent stronghold.

Remember, Fallujah is an urban battlefield. And in the Urban Battlefield, the tank is limited to its effectivenes. If tanks were to spearhead the operation in Fallujah, there is a high possibility that numerous amounts of armored vehicles would be lost or disabled. The Battle of Berlin was a prime example where German Ragtag militants knocked out scores of Russian Vehicles.

Leo2A6 and its previous variants :cen: rock pound for pound with any other battle tank. You Germans a master engineers and weapons designers.

Maj. Liability said:
Leopard 2's are great, but you've given the best version to the Swedes as the Strv-122!

I think we have to toss the title over to Spain now (Leopard 2E), we've got the second best Leo though, its still however a bit of a battle of who got the best, i dont think they are 100% sure which one of them that is the best but its leaning to spains Leo :(

Secondly, they didn't entierly give it, the Swedes gave German engineres a bit aswell. Celcius tech was in on the development of the Lednings system (forgot what its called) and some armor of the tanks is developed by Swedish manufacurer :)

Back