French Foreign Legion

jsoholt

Hi,

I served 5 years in the French Foreign Legion and can probably answer some of the questions you might have about the legion.
Cheers,
Jean

Hi,

I served 5 years in the French Foreign Legion and can probably answer some of the questions you might have about the legion.
Cheers,
Jean
Hi,i had never work with military,and am in Tanzania,i had a greaty passionate to join the FFL,what steps can I follow to join the legion?

What was the recruitment process like for you? What were the mental tests like (psychometric tests / iq tests / educational tests / etc) what all were they looking at? What did you do physically to pass the test (how many pull ups / push ups / sit ups / what was your score on the luc legger / how many miles did you run). I know the "bare minimum" but I want to hear from someone who passed all this was so I can try to shoot for the same or higher.

The only thing I'm nervous about is the mental aspect of the tests. If you knew me you'd know stamina and endurance are two things that I don't have to worry about. BUT the mental aspect however...I'm smart but those type of tests just bring out the worst in me. What can I do to study?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

The FFL is all in mental.... "it's better to be yourself, than a poor copy of someone else"

try.... the FFL is for you!

Hi,

Cheers,
Jean

Hello, Jean

I'm about to try to apply to the FFL and I have a few questions regarding finances...maybe you can help? :smile:

1. How is the salary processed (cash, bank account, should I open an account in France, and if so, should I open it before I enter, to be prepared?)

2. I need to send at least half of my wage to my family, back home, monthly...is that possible? What is the best way to do it?

3. What about taxes...Will it be taxed in France?

I know these may seem idiot questions...but I prefer to be prepared!

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the Legion opens a bank account on your behalf. Not sure about allotments and such........

Back