force field

Well im glad the Israelis are letting us have it. The only two ways I can think of this works is an EMP type weapon to detonate the round or a bullet on bullet type method.

Also wandering how many times it works without needing a "reload"

Seems to be a interception system much like the MK 15 Phalanx Close-In Weapons System (CIWS) that the US Navy currently uses.

The radar detects the incoming object, predicts it's future place in time and space by it's current heading and speed, and than detonates an explosive charge that collides and destroys the incoming object.

FREAKING SWEET!

(It could also be a new microwave weapon system.)

I'm glad Israel is an ally and friend of the USA.

Just read my siginture.

I thought it was bullet on bullet too, but I think the video made it clear that was not the case. It used some sort of classified countermeasure, now if you also looked it was only good at detonating the explosives in the RPG's, so it would be useless against bullets, mines and IED's, as the video also said.

Now, having said that, what do I think it is? I think it is some sort of microwave technology, sending out a small burst of energy that would somehow detonate the explosives in the RPG's. I doubt it would use lasers or bullets like the CIWS, those require too much time to intercept an RPG, and if it did use bullets then they would likely show up on the screen. I would personally cast a vote for this being some sort of microwave technology, if we can heat up a frozen burrito with a 900 watt microwave I am sure we can super heat the explosives in an RPG.

I hope this works as well as it says it does. I can this being a huge help in conventional warfare. If there is some kind of manual operation available I can see it being useful to pulse ahead and blow IEDs. That is if it is microwave technology as suggested here. Of course if it is microwave technology then what will/can happen to any humans in range?

Last edited:
Back