food for thought

I am not really sure I see a connection because as far as I recall the Turk's did not just show up in boats from Europe after WW2, take over Kurdish land then spend the next 70 years stealing the land they didn't get in the first stage.

So is there a point I am missing or am I correct in assuming The Jerusalem Post is trying to turn apples into oranges?

If that was food for thought, I think that the Department of health would ban it outright.

It's a prime example of the good old Zionist ploy of diverting the public's gaze from the real issues at hand.

I think everyone bar the Turks are in general agreement as to what actually happened in 1916, but unlike the Israelis the Turks only did it once, and that was nearly 100 years ago, they did not make it an ongoing policy that has been in place for over 60 years.

I think everyone bar the Turks are in general agreement as to what actually happened in 1916, but unlike the Israelis the Turks only did it once, and that was nearly 100 years ago, they did not make it an ongoing policy that has been in place for over 60 years.

Only once?

Tell that to the Armenians.

Tell that to those whose homeland was once Constantinople.

Tell that to those whose homeland was once Constantinople.
So,... you know of another time that the Turks alllegedly murdered 1.5 million Armenians?

And pray tell, what have the ancient Greeks got to do with this? When I went to school it was recognised that the ancient Greeks were the founders of Constantinople???

Anyway, I don't see them as swarming back to take over Constantinople, beating and murdering those whom they dispossess.

Last edited:
just pointing out that in geo-politics, religion, cultures, etc, no one has clean hands .... not the Turks, not the Israeli's, not us.

just pointing out that in geo-politics, religion, cultures, etc, no one has clean hands .... not the Turks, not the Israeli's, not us.
Yeah,.. you certainly have a point, but I feel that seeing we can't do much about injustices from those times in the past when they were perhaps considered as perfectly acceptable, we may be able to concentrate on the problems of the present with a view to saving our future.

I guess if I was just to focus on the article and ignore the less than subtle attempt to justify indefensible actions I would have to say that I am not all that opposed to a Kurdish state if one can be pieced together that is viable and as long as it brings a reduction in the regional tensions.

The problem however seems to be one that it would be almost impossible to build a viable Kurdish state without screwing up either Iraq or Turkey and even then you are still looking at a landlocked piece of rock with little economic viability.

You'd be surprised how viable it is actually. Kirkuk has about 4% of the worlds oil. The economy in Kurdistan is booming. The standard of living is far above the rest of Iraq. They have become what we have been trying to create in the rest of Iraq. The best thing is, you can go into any of their cities as a foriegner and you will have absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a beautiful place that has mountains and seasons. It's a very liberal area and the people are very friendly. Plus, they could defend themselves. Kurdistan has a lot of things going for it...I sure wish we could do more.

You'd be surprised how viable it is actually. Kirkuk has about 4% of the worlds oil. The economy in Kurdistan is booming. The standard of living is far above the rest of Iraq. They have become what we have been trying to create in the rest of Iraq. The best thing is, you can go into any of their cities as a foriegner and you will have absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a beautiful place that has mountains and seasons. It's a very liberal area and the people are very friendly. Plus, they could defend themselves. Kurdistan has a lot of things going for it...I sure wish we could do more.

True but surely it will rely heavily on either Iraq or Turkey to provide an access way for that oil to reach the market and I was under the impression (which may be wrong) that neither Turkey nor Iraq would look all that favourably on a Kurdish state.

As I have said previously though if a viable state can be created without destroying the viability of Iraq and Turkey then I am all for it.

They are talking in Iraqi parliament right now about splitting the country into 3 areas. Shi'a in the south, Sunni in the west, and Kurds in the north...it's gaining a lot of support here. I'm not sure how it's gonna go, but the fact it is being considered is quite remarkable.

They are talking in Iraqi parliament right now about splitting the country into 3 areas. Shi'a in the south, Sunni in the west, and Kurds in the north...it's gaining a lot of support here. I'm not sure how it's gonna go, but the fact it is being considered is quite remarkable.
Iraq is a put together country, done by Line Drawers back in the day.

Back