About Foley's Follies .......... Page 2
|October 4th, 2006||#11|
| || |
Mr. Ex President Clinton: I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "Thank me, I voted for Clinton-Gore." So, I sat down and reflected on that, and I am sending my "Thank you" for what you have done, specifically:
1. Thank you for introducing us to Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Dolly Kyle Browning, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broderick. Did I leave anyone out?
2. Thank you for teaching my 8 year old about oral sex. I had really planned to wait until he was a little older to discuss it with him, but now he knows more about it than I did as a senior in college.
3. Thank you for showing us that sexual harassment in the work place (especially the White House) and on the job is OK, and all you have to know is what the meaning of "it" is. It really is great to know that certain sexual acts are not sex, and one person may have sex while the other one does NOT have sex.
4. Thank you for reintroducing the concept of impeachment to a new generation and demonstrating that the ridiculous plot of the movie "Wag the Dog" could be plausible after all.
5. Thanks for making Jimmy Carter look competent, Gerald Ford look graceful, Richard Nixon look honest, Lyndon Johnson look truthful, and John Kennedy look moral.
6. Thank you for the 73 House and Senate witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment and 17 witnesses who have fled the country to avoid testifying about Democratic campaign fund raising.
7. Thank you, for the 19 charges, 8 convictions, and 4 imprisonment's from the Whitewater "mess" and the 55 criminal charges and 32 criminal convictions (so far) in the other " Clinton " scandals.
8. Thanks also for reducing our military by half, "gutting" much of our foreign policy, and flying all over the world on "vacations" carefully disguised as necessary trips.
9 Thank you, also, for "finding" millions of dollars (I really didn't need it in the first place, and I can't think of a more deserving group of recipients for my hard-earned tax dollars) for all of your globe-trotting. I understand you, the family and your cronies have logged in more time aboard Air Force One than any other administration.
10. Now that you've left the White House, thanks for the 140 pardons of convicted felons and indicted felons-in-exile. We will love to have them rejoin society. (Not to mention the scores you pardoned while Governor of Arkansas)
11. Thanks also for removing the White House silverware. I'm sure that Laura Bush didn't like the pattern anyway. Also, enjoy the housewarming gifts you've received from your "friends."
12. Thanks to you and your staff in the West Wing of the White House for vandalizing and destroying government property on the way out. I also appreciate removing all of that excess weight ( China , silverware, linen, towels, ash trays, soap, pens, magnetic compass, flight manuals, etc.) out of Air Force 1. The weight savings means burning less fuel, thus less tax dollars spent on jet fuel. Thank you!
13. And finally, please ensure that Hillary enjoys the $8 million dollar advance for her "tell-all" book and you, Bill, the $10 million advance for your memoirs. Who says crime doesn't pay!
14. The last and most important point - thank you for forcing Israel to let Mohammed Atta go free. Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners". However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammed Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center . This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.
Why shouldn't Americans know the real truth? What a guy!!
If you agree that the American public must be made aware of these facts, pass this on. God bless America and THANK YOU (once again) for spending my taxes so wisely and frugally.
SINCERELY,A US Citizen
PS.Please pass along a special thank you to Al Gore for "inventing" the Internet, without which I would not be able to send this wonderful, factual e-mail. AND THE REST OF THE STORY Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a New York State Senator, now comes under the "Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan," which means that even if she never gets reelected, she STILL receives her Congressional salary until she dies. (Would it not be nice if all Americans were pension eligible after only 4 years?)
If Bill outlives her, he then inherits HER salary until HE dies. He is already getting his Presidential salary until he dies. If Hillary outlives Bill, she also gets HIS salary until she dies. Guess who pays for that? WE DO!
It's common knowledge that in order for her to establish NY! residency , they purchased a million dollar-plus house in upscale Chappaqua , New York . Makes sense. They are entitled to Secret Service protection for life. Still makes sense. Here is where it becomes interesting. Their mortgage payments hover at around $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residence HAD to be built within the acreage to house the Secret Service agents. The Clinton's charge the Federal government $10,000 monthly rent for the use of that extra residence, which is just about equal to their mortgage payment. This means that we, the taxpayers, are paying the Clinton's salary, mortgage, transportation, safety and security, as well as the salaries is for their 12 man staff -- and, this is all perfectly legal!
When she runs for President, will you vote for her?
Last edited by Senior Chief; October 4th, 2006 at 16:05..
|October 4th, 2006||#12|
| || |
I say this because I have yet to hear any of this from a News source....
We must keep in mind the difference between immoral and illegal...at this point it is only immoral...
|October 4th, 2006||#13|
| || |
Remove the vacuum from around your head ..... info
Do you live in a vacuum? This story is being played out on every single channel in the United States ... you want references so ........
ABC NEWS ... CBS NEWS ... NBC NEWS ... CNN ... FOX ... MSNBC ... BBC ...
ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC.
C-SPAN house briefing ... Crier live ... Nancy Grace ... Larry King Live ... Hannity and Colmes.
Various mainstream 'news' specials ... Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc.
Evidently the ONLY place this story ISN'T playing out, is in your own home.
And just for your edification, on-line sex IS illegal, NOT just immoral (from one of the other pages involved in this scandal ... as reported on one of those 'references' you seem to be ignoring).
Last edited by Chief Bones; October 4th, 2006 at 20:27..
|October 5th, 2006||#14|
| || |
Well even though I want to stay out of this I did trip over this report today that may (or may not) be relevant to this discussion.
Former Chief Of Staff Says He Reported Foley 3 Years Ago
October 4, 2006 11:32 p.m. EST
Josephine Roque - All Headline News Staff Writer
Washington, DC (AHN) - Former Rep. Mark Foley's ex chief of staff said that he informed House Speaker Dennis Hastert's aides more than three years ago regarding Foley's behavior.
Kirk Fordham was Foley's top aide till January 2004. He told the AP, he had, "more than one conversation with senior staff at the highest level of the House of Representatives asking them to intervene."
Fordham had recently resigned as staff chief for lawmaker, New York Rep. Thomas Reynolds, who is also involved in the scandal. He had informed Hastert about Foley last spring.
"What Kirk Fordham said did not happen," Scott Palmer, Hastert's chief of staff told a spokesman.
"I think I could have given some good advice here, which is, You have to be curious, you have to ask all the questions you can think of," said Rep. Roy Blunt, a member of the leadership. "You absolutely can't decide not to look into activities because one individual's parents don't want you to."
Republican Rep. Ron Lewis canceled the invitation for Hastert to join him at a fundraiser next week.
"I'm taking the speaker's words at face value," Lewis told the AP. "I have no reason to doubt him. But until this is cleared up, I want to know the facts. If anyone in our leadership has done anything wrong, then I will be the first in line to condemn it."
Florida Republican, Foley, 52, had abruptly resigned after the issue of the sexually explicit electronic messages sent to teenage male pages had surfaced.
He is now in an alcohol rehabilitation facility.
We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
|October 5th, 2006||#15|
| || |
Some REAL facts about Hastert and the Foley scandal ... info
Lets take a look at some REAL facts:
Fact 1. The ‘Foley’ story was disclosed by the MSM, NOT by the House Republicans (or) the Republican Leadership.
Fact 2. Hastert and leading Republicans had information about the ‘predator’ in their midst ALMOST 3 years ago and did nothing.
Fact 3. The House Republican leadership thought it was MORE important to protect a Republican seat than to deal with the situation.
Fact 4. The ‘moral’ "Family Values” party seems to place the value of a Republican seat above the principle of protection of a group of teenagers they were responsible for protecting. The House and Senate are in the position of exercising an ‘in loco parentis’ control of the pages.
Fact 5. Hastert denied having ANY knowledge of Foley’s transgressions INITIALLY, and only acknowledged knowing about the situation AFTER the MSM divulged information about how long Foley had been under the protection of the Republican leadership.
Fact 6. It is absolutely ironic that the ‘moral’ “Family Values” party has been disclosed as a morally bankrupt party, where family values are NOT as important as protecting their Republican majority in the house.
Fact 7. CBS NEWS reported that information coming from Congressional Pages, indicate that Foley was NOT the ONLY congressman they were ‘warned’ about … we are NOW waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Fact 8. Former pages have disclosed that they were uncomfortable enough around Foley, that when one of them was invited to his Washington DC home, he took a friend along to protect himself. What made them both uncomfortable, was the fact that both of them had received IM's and emails from the congressman and described them as 'explicit'. They didn't turn in Foley because "a sixteen or seventeen year old DOESN'T do something like that in Washington DC".
It is absolutely evident that protecting young teenagers from a deviant predator, didn’t weigh very much in the Republican’s view of what was/is important and are ONLY NOW doing something about this debacle after having been shamed into it.
Before someone accuses me of being partisan, let me tell you I would be making the very same comments, IF the Democrats were guilty of this infraction and violation of the public trust. IF we find out that a Democratic Congressman is the ‘other shoe’ in this whole debacle, then I will also call for their head on a platter.
Before someone pipes up with a request for a reference, all I can tell you is to do a little tv surfing between channels and you will hear the same information I posted discussed adnauseum.
|October 5th, 2006||#16|
| || |
Check the laws depending on what state you are in online sex is perfectly legal with someone over the age of 16. Thus the difference in morals and legality you are confusing.
For where I have stated that what he has done and what has been investigated so far as not being legal, thus why they didn’t bring any charges against him back in July of 2004, has been backed up by a reference quote and link.
I am all for discussion on this topic and in no way do I support of this congressman’s actions. However a discussion filled with false information and misunderstandings is irresponsible, leading to fiction being seen as non-fiction.
So I ask of you to show me where you gathered your information and in turn your response so far from satisfactory, thank you.
|October 5th, 2006||#17|
| || |
As far as phone sex being illegal, here's one of Monica Lewensky's testsments.
"And there's another tidbit which could prove evidentiary - and supremely embarrassing. On Thursday reports surfaced that, according to Lewinsky's taped account, Clinton would call her in the wee hours of the night, sometimes as late as 2 a.m., and the two would engage in long sessions of phone sex. Believe it or not, that's not the embarrassing part. The real problem here could be one of the gifts that Lewinsky gave to Clinton, which, according to Newsweek, was a "sexually provocative audiotape". Retail availability of erotic audio recordings would seem to be somewhat limited, since the market is generally more interested in video sex. Was Monica's sexually provocative tape a homemade production? Was it perhaps a recording of her and the President of the United States engaging in their own phone sex? All gifts from Lewinsky to Clinton and vice versa are now under federal subpoena, since they constitute evidence of the President's possible perjury."
“War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.”
—John Stuart Mill
|October 5th, 2006||#18|
| || |
The problem isnt the phone sex, there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is Phone Sex with a minor which is illegal in most places. (Lewd Act in the presence of a minor). Although the legal definition varies from state to state.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch
I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.
Last edited by mmarsh; October 5th, 2006 at 17:13..
|October 5th, 2006||#19|
| || |
As seen here
US states are at the bottom and you can click on the state for the statute...
Further dicussion of the term Minor
A minor is someone under 16 under 18 under 21 depending on what you are talking about (varies even more depending on what country you are in)...In other words the term minor when used in law is by definition; not of legal age.
Last edited by Donkey; October 5th, 2006 at 17:22..
|October 5th, 2006||#20|
| || |
Not in a vacuum ... info
I am setting here in front of my television set at 1345 hours local (NOT in a vacuum), and this whole mess is being discussed ... NEW revelations are surfacing as I set here (at present we are waiting for Speaker Hastert to make some 'breaking' major announcement) ... so AGAIN, I reiterate what I posted before. IF you are so in need of references, tune into almost ANY channel on your television dial, and you can receive the same reports that I do (almost on the quarter hour).