Finland to take delivery of first NH90 choppers early 2008

rock45

Finland to take delivery of first NH90 choppers early 2008

12.12.2007 at 16:35
Jyri Häkämies (cons), the Finnish defence minister, on Wednesday confirmed a report by regional daily Aamulehti saying the army would take delivery of the first of its new fleet of transport helicopters in the first half of next year.
Mr Häkämies added the government would sign an amended contract with the supplier, NHIndustries, on Friday.
"We have been engaged in talks for the best part of six months. We are now wrapping this up, and I am very pleased," the minister said.
NHIndusries had agreed with Finland to deliver all 20 Nato Helicopter 90 (NH90) aircraft by this October. The army has yet to see a single machine.
Mr Häkämies was not drawn on the size of the contractual penalty on the 370-million-euro contract.
NHIndustries is a consortium made up of Franco-German Eurocopter, Italy's Agusta and Stork Fokker Aerospace of the Netherlands to build the NH90 series of aircraft.
The NH90s are to replace the Finnish army's ageing fleet of Russian-made Mil Mi-8 transports.

Link
http://newsroom.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=17509&group=Politics

Price breakdown and a little info

Sorry for the basic question but I don't know (euro's) 370-million-euro contract for 20 helicopters. Can somebody break this down for me in US dollars, thanks

Can somebody give rough prices for
NH90 above
Hip-17 I know there are a few version
Huey II update
UH-60 Blackhawk
HH-60H Pavehawk
Mi-Havoc
AS-550 Fennec
EC-135
EC-145
AS-365N3

I understand many factor's play into a price for any helicopter like: bulk orders, investments in the buyers country, mixed in larger orders, service contracts, politics, government, spare parts, etc. I want to try and get a feel for why buyers go with certain types & makers. The NH90 seems hot to me how does it compare to a high end Hip-17, if there is such a thing. I don't know much about helicopters but I know there a very important part of every countries armed forces. I also would like to get some personnel feed back on which are good and or bad. I have read where Blackhawk pilots saying if it's made by Bell he wouldn't step foot in it. Others are saying the new Huey II for the money does well and perform close to higher price Blackhawk's. Are French made helicopters any good? I'm not trying to drive anybody crazy with exact price rough is fine for example if a Hip-17 is $3.4 million with average goodies $3 to $4 mil is fine. Thanks in advance for any help PM if you like or e-mail aviation4ever@hotmail.com
icon14.gif

Back