Fiercest Battle in History - Page 13

Read more about ~ 6 million Jewish people were murdered by the Nazis which is well publicized. Incredible amounts of Slavs were killed, starved to death or died as slaves as well. In the

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

February 20th, 2005   #121
MadeInChina

lol, possibility someone made up the story and passed it on BECAUSE ONLY A FEW SURVIVED AND WAnted medals perhaps?

if you really wanted some kind of real historical signicant battle or such, get a picture, its worth a thousand words

A signature is a little text that can be added at the bottom of the posts you make. It\'s limited to 300 characters (size 7 to 12) on 5 line(s) and 1 image(s) with none larger than 100x500 pixels and for a maximum of 20Kb. In your text, no more than 100 characters without space too.

February 21st, 2005   #122
MontyB

I think Stalingrad would be the winner here but how about the battle of Verdun?.

--
February 21st, 2005   #123
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
All content 2004 Ravi Rikhye...

yup, thats definetly a biased article alright
Its only an estimate made by counting the field dressings found at the battlesite. There is no correct figure till the PLA de-classifies their records.

February 22nd, 2005   #124
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
lol, possibility someone made up the story and passed it on BECAUSE ONLY A FEW SURVIVED AND WAnted medals perhaps?
I don't have to prove anything to you.

February 25th, 2005   #125
Boobies

Just curious... info

"The original estimate is based on various data including the number of field dressings found on the battlefield by the Indian Red Cross who came the following spring to recover their dead."

Why did they leave the field dressing out? What did the field dressing include? Cloth? Pants? Bandages?

February 26th, 2005   #126
Boobies

Also... info

from the articles about teh Sino-India war. They reported 500 death for each side. So how did they arrive 600 dead?

February 26th, 2005   #127
lemontree

Re: Just curious... info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
"The original estimate is based on various data including the number of field dressings found on the battlefield by the Indian Red Cross who came the following spring to recover their dead."

Why did they leave the field dressing out? What did the field dressing include? Cloth? Pants? Bandages?
If you have seen a shell dressing you would'nt ask that question.
However, the shell dressing covers recovered were in very large numbers. Some thought that over 1000 cas had occured, but that would be silly. The 600 hundred figure is a rough estimate, it would include both dead and wounded.

February 26th, 2005   #128
MadeInChina

and the word wounded will lead way to another discussion

February 26th, 2005   #129
lemontree

Re: Also... info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
from the articles about teh Sino-India war. They reported 500 death for each side. So how did they arrive 600 dead?
I know I have seen those reports too, as I was trying to hunt for real figures as reported in the media. But those figures are not true, Indian troops suffered much more casualities on the eastern sector.
There is a difference in the terrain of the eastern and estern sector. If you see the link below of the terrain of Chushul sector (west) then you will see the open clear fields of fire, any attacker would have to take those many casualities.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-F...ages2/0560.jpg

February 26th, 2005   #130
MadeInChina

which is why you dont go frontal on hills, jeez... needless to explain

flanking, encirclement, or anything logically sound in attacking... well i guess thats what added to india's defeat

Tags
battle, fiercest, history, single