Fidel Castro Not In Power!!!!!

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Fidel Castro is under the knife and he has turned power of Cuba over to his Brother Raul! God willing he will die on the table. Hopefull he dies and he brother goes next in a couple of weeks if God answers my prayers.

I just wonder what is happening back on the island right now. Are any Anti-Communist Forces staging coups or revolutions? What will the USA do and also what is going to happen back here in Miami?

Lastly, what will Chavez in Venezuela do?

Ruh-roh...What does this mean for the WORLD, not just around Cuba...I agree, hopefully he will go under the table. Is his brother the same as he is, worse? Better?

I don't have any bad emotion to castro.
Actucally,Castro made cuba as communist nation.
But judging from poverty of cuba thosedays
That was natural for cuban people to choice communism.
Anyway,cuban people should choice their way by themself now.

Sorry Sandy but as a Cuban I know that we did not choose Communism. We wanted freedom from Batista. Castro just turned out to be a Communist after he won power. There were many groups in Cuba during the Revolution. Castro's group was one of them.

And if Castro was loved by the Cuban people, why aren't their any free elections, why do millions risk theur lives daily trying to flee Cuba and reach America across the Florida Straits, and why are there millions of Cuban Exiles in America? Because we all hate Fidel Castro!

CUBA LIBRE, VIVA CUBA!!!

Well, I for one am exicted for Cuba. Hopefully, best will come to best and Fidel Castro will die. Then his brother will be overthrown while attempting to get settled into the seat of power, and Cuba will finally be FREE!

By the way, since 5.56 was obviously too extatic to post one, I'll show a source for this one...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14126537/

Last edited:
5.56X45mm said:
Sorry Sandy but as a Cuban I know that we did not choose Communism. We wanted freedom from Batista. Castro just turned out to be a Communist after he won power. There were many groups in Cuba during the Revolution. Castro's group was one of them.

And if Castro was loved by the Cuban people, why aren't their any free elections, why do millions risk theur lives daily trying to flee Cuba and reach America across the Florida Straits, and why are there millions of Cuban Exiles in America? Because we all hate Fidel Castro!

CUBA LIBRE, VIVA CUBA!!!
Thank you,I understand now.
My view of cuba was concerned by Japan Communist Party.

5.56x5.45

I dont mean to bust your bubble, but they are saying its temporary. He aint dead, yet.
Fidels health has been speculated before, and all the diagnoses have been wrong so far. I wont believe it until they put him in the ground.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/08/01/cuba.castro/index.html

Besides, even if Castro dies, do you really think much will change? Raul Castro is very much a proud member of the old communist party guard and I have heard rumors that he has a reputation of being a even tougher hardliner than Fidel.

Last edited:
I guess folks haven't lived under a Dictator. He's dead. He would never hand over power willing period. Hosiptal or no hosiptal.

Fidel has been room temperture for at least two days. This is just a way that the communist govenment is transferring power so that they're isn't a power struggle.

He's dead, he has to be dead. It's been 50 years since this scumbag has taken over and he's never let go of power.

Miami is alive and partying right now. The street are alive with people, every little Bodega has a flag up and music playing.

VIVA CUBA!!!!!!
CUBA LIBRE!!!!!

Raul is more of an administrative type rather than a leader. He was the one who organized the firing squads for his brother in 1959. My hope is that in the future, the teachers, doctors, educators, priests, and more of the intelligencia that escaped will be willing to help Cuba become a strong, prosperous Nation again. She deserves it after so many years of bad leadership.

mmarsh said:
5.56x5.45

I dont mean to bust your bubble, but they are saying its temporary. He aint dead, yet.
Fidels health has been speculated before, and all the diagnoses have been wrong so far. I wont believe it until they put him in the ground.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/08/01/cuba.castro/index.html

Besides, even if Castro dies, do you really think much will change? Raul Castro is very much a proud member of the old communist party guard and I have heard rumors that he has a reputation of being a even tougher hardliner than Fidel.
I have to agree with MM, even IF Castro dies, you will see absolutely no change as far as freedoms in Cuba are concerned. Raul is just as much a communist as his brother and he will NOT relinquish one inch of power if HE WERE in power permanently.

Celebrations in the streets of Miami are premature ... freedom to return to Cuba for these exiles are doomed to failure - if they return (even with Raul in power), they will be arrested and probably languish in Cuban prisons for the rest of their lives (if they are not executed as enemies of the state).

As far as overthrowing the communist death-grip in Cuba ... Fidel's death could spur anti-Castro groups to greater efforts ... Raul does NOT enjoy the widespread support that Fidel does. Could these groups succeed? Nobody knows ... the communists control every facet of the military forces and exercise a control of the civilian population that does NOT leave much freedom or wiggle room.

Exiles dancing in the street in the US makes for a good news clip ... but ... it won't add one single bit to the hopes that Fidel and the communist forces will be ousted from power.

Last edited:
Chief Bones said:
I have to agree with 5.56, even IF Castro dies, you will see absolutely no change as far as freedoms in Cuba are concerned. Raul is just as much a communist as his brother and he will NOT relinquish one inch of power if HE WERE in power permanently.

Celebrations in the streets of Miami are premature ... freedom to return to Cuba for these exiles are doomed to failure - if they return (even with Raul in power), they will be arrested and probably languish in Cuban prisons for the rest of their lives (if they are not executed as enemies of the state).

As far as overthrowing the communist death-grip in Cuba ... Fidel's death could spur anti-Castro groups to greater efforts ... Raul does NOT enjoy the widespread support that Fidel does. Could these groups succeed? Nobody knows ... the communists control every facet of the military forces and exercise a control of the civilian population that does NOT leave much freedom or wiggle room.

Exiles dancing in the street in the US makes for a good news clip ... but ... it won't add one single bit to the hopes that Fidel and the communist forces will be ousted from power.

Chief

I'm alittle confused, you say you agree with 5.56 but your arguements are more in line with what I was saying. Is that a typo?

OOPS - booboo'd - I put the wrong nomer in my post, my fingers tripped over my tongue - I have since made a correction ... sorry.

Last edited:
Teehee, its OK Chief, we all make our mistakes. I sort of agree, but I really want to hold on to this hope. I hope the anti-Castro groups will band together to get rid of Castro and his brother. Perhaps this will change nothing, perhaps everything...No one knows.

i hope something happens to allow cuba to gain a new form of government and become a better country soon after

Chief Bones said:
OOPS - booboo'd - I put the wrong nomer in my post, my fingers tripped over my tongue - I have since made a correction ... sorry.

No problem Chief, it happens to all of us.

Back