A Few Questions.

VeronicaAirForce1

Hello.

Im a civilian in Sweden, currently considering joining the Swedish military. But before I apply Ive got some questions I hope you people can answer.

1. If I get a rank in Sweden is it valid in other countries, for example America?

2. Can I transfer to another countries military after joining Swedens?

3. If I transfer to another countries military will I still have my rank?

Ive always wanted to join the US Air Force but since I live in Sweden I first need a job and money to even get to the US.

Thanks for the help. :)

/VeronicaAirForce1

Hello.

Im a civilian in Sweden, currently considering joining the Swedish military. But before I apply Ive got some questions I hope you people can answer.

1. If I get a rank in Sweden is it valid in other countries, for example America?

2. Can I transfer to another countries military after joining Swedens?

3. If I transfer to another countries military will I still have my rank?

Ive always wanted to join the US Air Force but since I live in Sweden I first need a job and money to even get to the US.

Thanks for the help. :)

/VeronicaAirForce1

1. Not in the context you're thinking of.

2. If you fulfill the host nations requirements for joining their military service then you may join.

3. No, you will start over just like everyone else.

1. Not in the context you're thinking of.

2. If you fulfill the host nations requirements for joining their military service then you may join.

3. No, you will start over just like everyone else.

Ok thanks. But what do you mean not in the context Im thinking of?

One option would be to study in the US and at the university getting involved in their ROTC programs. Something you need to be aware of is; you need to be an American citizen to be more than a private. I doubt the US Air Force will allow any non-citizen coming close to their tools.

Kul med en annan svensk här.

One option would be to study in the US and at the university getting involved in their ROTC programs. Something you need to be aware of is; you need to be an American citizen to be more than a private. I doubt the US Air Force will allow any non-citizen coming close to their tools.

Kul med en annan svensk här.

True, but being in the Swedish military and then joining the US will sort of give me an edge. I will already know most things privates are learning when I join.

Yes Im fully aware of the fact I need to be an american citizen in order to be in the american military. Since joining any countries military is serious Ive looked into this quite a lot. Im really considering it and trying to get all my facts right.

Yup, trodde inte det fanns många svenskar här.

What´s so fascinating about the US Air Force?

Olyckligtvis.
Han är en gammal alkoholist som vi tyvärr måste leva med. :wink:

Well Ive always wanted to be in the US military and Ive always wanted to be in some countries air force. So US Air Force, I like the air force and I like US.

Difficult to understand what you're trying to do , right now Americans have a hard time getting in the military only three out of seven get in .

Look who's talking. I have never seen nor heard of a sober Dane.

Ok you two no more. I just want answers to my questions then you can go back to other forum posts. No need to start a childish insult game.

Tetvet I hope that its not as difficult as you make it sound. Ive always wanted to serve in the US military, but first I need cash so for now Swedens will have to do.

Ok you two no more. I just want answers to my questions then you can go back to other forum posts. No need to start a childish insult game.

Tetvet I hope that its not as difficult as you make it sound. Ive always wanted to serve in the US military, but first I need cash so for now Swedens will have to do.

We always tease each other, it's just a banter. Kesse is crazy but a nice guy.

You will be more attractive for the Americans if you have a technical education and even better if you get the same in the US. MIT or Cal Tech will solve a lot of issues

Questions are ok but action speaks Volumes .
'
True, if you have the grades to get into MIT, CALTECH, the University of California Berkeley go for it. If you don't, forget about it and stay where you are, young lady. You are competing with a lot of talented Americans so deal with it. It is not impossible, but you have a huge wall to clime over. If you want to be in the Swedish Air Force; consider the perks you get to be in it. The Americans will give a rat ass about your rank. You will be back on on square one. Get the academic education and start from there.

Have you finished high school yet?

'
True, if you have the grades to get into MIT, CALTECH, the University of California Berkeley go for it. If you don't, forget about it and stay where you are, young lady. You are competing with a lot of talented Americans so deal with it. It is not impossible, but you have a huge wall to clime over. If you want to be in the Swedish Air Force; consider the perks you get to be in it. The Americans will give a rat ass about your rank. You will be back on on square one. Get the academic education and start from there.

Have you finished high school yet?

Im graduating in June, so after that Im gonna make sure I have the grades and such I need and then apply for the military.

Im graduating in June, so after that Im gonna make sure I have the grades and such I need and then apply for the military.

You can save some money to do it in Sweden first. KTH is pretty good place to start. You can also apply to the FHS, they are next door to the KTH

Last edited:
You can save some money to do it in Sweden first. KTH is pretty good place to start. You can also apply to the FHS, they are next door to the KTH

I am going to do it in Sweden first, its smarter. I realise US and Swedens training and such arent the same but at least I wil have done basic training and such in Sweden. Could give me an edge in US.

We always tease each other, it's just a banter. Kesse is crazy but a nice guy.

You will be more attractive for the Americans if you have a technical education and even better if you get the same in the US. MIT or Cal Tech will solve a lot of issues

This s solid advice and will jump start any possible stint in the US Air Force.

If I remember correctly, then Non-citizens are not eligible to become commissioned officers in the U.S. military, and they may also be barred from certain Military Occupational Specialties, or job categories; particularly those requiring security clearances. So why not just pursue a career in the Swedish Air Force. The Swedish military is rather well trained.

Back