Family arsenal

I'd rather live in Aushwitz or a gulag than live in Moscow during the time of the Soviet Union (however, considering that the gulag was the Siberian prison during Soviet times, I would have preferred Moscow)

Well don't sweat it... its a song of the past. Also, Seaboy... Auschwitz is not a good alternative. My Grandfather was there. My family sold everything that nazis forgot to take from them to bribe guards. He barley escaped.

Last edited:
During Polish commie times, we had Russian bases here and there. And most people treated these bases as huge wal-mart. You could buy anything from soldiers. Gasoline, cigarettes, weird Russian vodka pills (throw a few in canister of water, and poof, you get a canister of cheap vodka), thier food rations, (I also heard some legends of Russian soldiers selling thier AK's). All cheap. They just didn't give a ****. They didn't want to be there in first place.

During Polish commie times, we had Russian bases here and there. And most people treated these bases as huge wal-mart. You could buy anything from soldiers. Gasoline, cigarettes, weird Russian vodka pills (throw a few in canister of water, and poof, you get a canister of cheap vodka), thier food rations, (I also heard some legends of Russian soldiers selling thier AK's). All cheap. They just didn't give a ****. They didn't want to be there in first place.

Dayyyyyyum.

"But in the end.... I hope for peace and I know that the majority of the people simply want to live and do well."

Mr. 5.56x56mm I could not agree more, thats all I do here in the U.S.

I as well hold a healthy respect for my countries old and new adversaries,even if my personal trust is not there. But all in all, I like the notion of you do what you want in your part of the world, and I will stay out of it, and vice versa.

Unfortunately things are not always that cut and dry, but hey.

As for your collection of weapons, I admire the PPsh, If it ain't broke don't fix it, if it gets the job done then screw outside opinion lol. As for my total favorite ( apart from the 870, heck I own a 870 express 3/half inch). The AK 74 is by far one of my most admired weapons, I have seen the anatomy of the brutal (in comparison to the bolt mechanisms of contemporary western assault weapons) but very effective and reliable bolt mechanism. Along with escpecially being Russian made ( even amongst various copy manufactures, Russian 74s seem to have the best reputation. ) they seem to be very sturdy and the ballistic gel results of the 5.45x39mm on the human body when unprotected from body armor is well...devestating for a round in it's category.

There may be more to my opinions than I am aware of, but seeing I am surrounded by people here who probably know these weapons as familiar faces, hopefully you can chime in. Never hurts to learn something new!

Last edited:
The AK-47 wasn't entirely without help. The PPS (a little-known Russian gun that was developed later in the war) was very similar. I am a huge fan of the PPSH, pretty damned good looking.

Nice weaponry. A modern gun can be rebuilt and reused indefinitely, provided the frame isn't cracked. Probably some of locals acquired and are xeroxing technical manuals to that effect-good for them. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Viktor was cranking out magazines in his spare time :)

I like the knives, too. BTW How do you use a Qama? Thanks for sharing.

Nice weaponry. A modern gun can be rebuilt and reused indefinitely, provided the frame isn't cracked. Probably some of locals acquired and are xeroxing technical manuals to that effect-good for them. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Viktor was cranking out magazines in his spare time :)

I like the knives, too. BTW How do you use a Qama? Thanks for sharing.

lol Knives are a favorite of ours. All bladed weapons are. That is North Caucasus, my friend. Chechens, Cossacks, Circassians, Ossetians = some of best blade fighters on this planet.

Cossack knife-fighting

This man may look funny and not scary at all, but he is actually one of our top bladers lol

What we did is, took our centuries old blade combat system, Dzhigitka, in which, traditionally, the shashka was used
63445_10150103897921558_721246557_7811020_5408738_n.jpg

and we adapted those techniques to knives.

Anyway, sorry for late reply: was on vacation. Pataya, Thailand is awesome place, always :D

Back