Facts Only, NOT Fiction! - EVERYONE READ HERE BEFORE POSTING

RnderSafe

I've noticed a lot of people with no military experience either time in service or recruiting experience attempting to answer questions that would require it. This will continue no more. Any one of you attempting to answer a question without absolute knowledge will be temporarily banned. You will not turn this section into another useless and wrong information portal. We do not need guesses or assumptions, nor do we need to know what you learned in the latest war movie. People seek real information here, information that will impact their lives greatly. There are plenty of members on this site, from all over the world, with practical, correct and experienced answers. Save the guessing for the airsoft forums.

I've edited the thread title a bit Rnder.

This forum is for questions and FACTS only!

Please use the forum search before starting any new threads in here.
There's a good chance that your question has been answered before.

As Rnder said, if you do not know the answer 100% then please do not answer.
No discussions will be tolerated in here, unless it's to clarify questions or answers.

Members and visitors may take life altering decisions based on the posts/answers in here so we want the information to be as correct as possible.

We have a lot of members, from many different countries, with more than enough experience in most fields and aspects of the military, so we should be able to provide correct answers to most of the questions anyway.

We've already been forced to "give away" a free temporay ban to a forum member for this, please don't make us give out more, we really don't like to do it (most of the time.. ;) )

Thanks for understanding!

Lately several members have been posting guesses as answers here again, these members should remember that ANY further such behaviour WILL result in an immediate ban, permanent or temporary depending on past performance. If you do not KNOW, do not post, "my brother's friend's aunt told me" does NOT cut it (nor does "my recruiter told me").

Again, several of you have been slipping, and there will be a zero tolerance policy with guesses, shots in the dark, and any other "answers" to questions here that are not rock solid. If you do not know that your response to a question is solid, it isn't. And a good rule of thumb, if you are a civilian (particularly a teenaged one), you should think three times before making a post in response to any question posted here.

I came here before I joined the army and this web site gave me a alot of information :) I love helping others start there military carreer! :)

Oh ya I skipped E-2 lol waver BABY E-3! pinned on friday of this week!!!!

EternalOne said:
I came here before I joined the army and this web site gave me a alot of information :) I love helping others start there military carreer! :)

Glad to hear that.. :)
And that's why we have stricter rules in here because we want (like the thread title says) Facts, and not Fiction..

I challenge this rule. What the flying **** is wrong with 3rd person accounts.

Dont give me this "its not accurate." Its as accurate as the person who records it. This is nothing more than an accusation of the quoters being morons, if someone provides false information, sure a rule should punish. Speculation, a rule should punish. If its correct, well then gee golly whiz real terrible aint it. What about actual quotes from the person hismelf. For instance this evening I read letters of my dad from basic training in 1962, apparently basic training restrictions were less back then according to the letters, he bought himself a clock radio at the PX for $10. I'm incompetant and I cant quote a reliable source? Or is my source unreliable? Or do I not understand the wording? Absolutely insulting.

God I hope I die before I become an old man/wannabe soldier who has nothing better to do than be macho man on a forum.

:roll:

14Juliet said:
I challenge this rule.
You can challenge it as much as you want, but that wont change a thing...

What the flying f**k is wrong with 3rd person accounts
3rd person accounts may be ok, if there's anyway to prove that the info's correct...
But the problem is that "info and facts" passed through several persons have a tendency to be altered a bit, so in many cases you don't get 100% facts/truth..

But the example you mentioned (about your fathers letter) can in some cases be ok, at least as additional info.
But you need to have some solid sources if it's not personal experience.

God I hope I die before I become an old man/wannabe soldier who has nothing better to do than be macho man on a forum.
I really hope so too...
There's nothing I hate more than old wannabe macho men/soldiers in forums.. :)

i have a question about this. do u only have to have perfect 100% accuacy with historical facts or just facts about join the military(things that could change peoples minds about joining or not joining). you guys need to clarify this rule a little more.

CanadianCombat said:
i have a question about this. do u only have to have perfect 100% accuacy with historical facts or just facts about join the military(things that could change peoples minds about joining or not joining). you guys need to clarify this rule a little more.

No need to clarify any more; if it's not 100% verifiable fact, do not post it in the "Joining the Military" forum. At all. Just questions and factual answers.

LeEnfield 2 said:
Now some of us have been round the block a few times, but with passing of the years some of our information may be jut a little jaded, does this disqualify us as well.

We are mainly looking for correct responses to questions that will involve a life alterning decision.

Sharing advice and perspectives on your service and service in general is certainly welcome. You have been there and while much has changed since you have been in, you are familar with the life of a soldier.

What we do not want are people with no military experience handing out service specific advice or answering service specific questions.

I for one, dont have any military experience or service..
But what if I got info, say be research and reading, so like this, I have the capability to offer my help, except ofcourse, if I know what I am talking about and the topic..

MightyMacbeth said:
But what if I got info, say be research and reading, so like this, I have the capability to offer my help, except ofcourse, if I know what I am talking about and the topic..

That is fine for other forums, not this one. Since this pertains to military service questions, only those with the knowledge and experience are allowed to answer.

If your car was broken, and you needed advice on how to repair it...would you want someone that's simply read about car repair once or twice or someone that has repaired them for a living to help you?

ahh okays.
Well ofcourse the man with experience..
Just though I would ask..
Hmm, so I can create a topic and ask, but not really reply to others.. understood.

MightyMacbeth said:

Most of the time the person asking the question has googled it too and wants some real information from people who know what they are talking about. After reading what you wrote here, I will not take anything that you say seriously because this proves that you cannot distinguish something you read somewhere by someone you don't know from the truth. :roll: :bang:

System Bolaget, read the forum rules before posting again (pay particular attention to the part about how to interact with other forum members).

I looked for some questions about the Navy.

I'm primed to give answers before old age sets in and I forget!!

Come on guys, Navy stuff!!!

Senior Chief said:
I looked for some questions about the Navy.

I'm primed to give answers before old age sets in and I forget!!

Come on guys, Navy stuff!!!

How'd you miss this thread? Pretty much got the basics of bootcamp covered, but she needs help with knowing what to expect at A school and with Navy life in general. You're just the squid for the job!

Back