F16I Vs. F15I, did the IAF choose right -

Read more about Ok, the IAF chose and bought its next fighter, the F-16I, an advanced version of the F-16. It was chosen over the F-15I, and advanced version of the F-15. What do you thi

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

June 4th, 2004   #1
SHERMAN

F16I Vs. F15I, did the IAF choose right info

Ok, the IAF chose and bought its next fighter, the F-16I, an advanced version of the F-16. It was chosen over the F-15I, and advanced version of the F-15. What do you think about this?Note that 25 F-15Is were bought as a long-range attack force, but the F-16I was chosen as the main fighter.
Here are the 2 planes.

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...16i/F-16I.html

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...15i/F-15I.html

-
AVG Advent calendar: daily offers
June 4th, 2004   #2
Animal Mother

Well, i take range is not mutch of an issue for Israel, as most threats are next door anyway. Plus, the F-16 is cheaper than the F-15. That too had most likely something to do with it as well i bet.

Tanknet - Military Forum.
\"Blackburn finally got to make a plane the way they wanted to, they got a solid block of aluminium and drilled holes in it\".
Comment on the Blackburn Buccaneer.

June 4th, 2004   #3
SHERMAN

Well, we have air-refule aircraft....And the F-16I is a longer range version thatn usuall....an yes cost was involved...

June 4th, 2004   #4
c/Commander

Damn that -16I is ugly...what are those bulges on the fuselage?!

Anyway, the -16I performs better than the -15I, but the -15I is faster. The -16I only has one engine, which might be a problem if you run within range of a SAM site or another fighter. I'd go for the -15I.

Lieutenant Junior Grade, USN

June 5th, 2004   #5
Mark Conley

The bulges you see added along the upper part of the fusealage are conformal fuel tank to extend the aircrafts range without sacrificing performance. In the words of the manufacturer: "removable conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) have been added along the fuselage and above the wing roots, freeing-up underwing hard points for additional armaments"

Same type of additions were made to the F-15 strike eagle, only those taks are along the underside of the fusalage.

“If we should have to fight, we should be prepared to do so from the neck up instead of from the neck down.”— General James H. Doolittle, USAAF

June 13th, 2004   #6
Damien435

Well, I have always liked the F-16, while it is old it still packs a punch, the Air Guard Stationed here in Sioux Falls has 15 Single Seater F-16's and one two seater, they are called the Fightin' Lobos. But the F-15 does have one major advantage over the F-16, it can lose a wing and still fly fast enough to stay in the air, its body creates just enough lift that it will work like a rocket, it has actually happened before, I am not sure where but the US Air Force, Nasa, and the company that builds the F-15 all sent people to inspect it after this happened.

June 13th, 2004   #7
Rotty261

I am at a F-15 base and I love them. Definetly faster, I believe they carry more payload, have a better and longer range radar, the only disadvantage of the F-15 is it is a bigger target and not quite as agile but I think the speed and radar make up for that......

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

June 13th, 2004   #8
Uncle_Sam

The both planes are magnificent,
F-15 +speed
-agility
F-16 +agility
-speed

So actually I dunno what plane's the best. But I would look for what purpose do You need it.

June 19th, 2004   #9
ACTaFOOL82

What the F-16I looks awesome! They made the right choice, definetly the 16 is plimper, and more agile fast is fast.

Just like a sleeping giant, lying in the Sun! In one big hand the Rio Grande, the other Galveston!
This is Texas, The Lone Star State of Texas!
This is a GIANT, land we love!

Tags
advanced, bought, chosen, f-16i, version

MilitaryClothing.com