ex-USSR pilot and his stories

phoenixghost

Hello,

very short about me:
- 18 years as Soviet (USSR) military navigator, Lieutenant Colonel;
- 1,500 flight hours;
- 13 missile launches;
- 10 possible lethal situations that could end my life (during my military career).

I recently finished my e-book "Heavenly Extreme" which describes lots of emergencies and crashes that occurred during my military duty time at supersonic fighter USSR aviation.
I described causes and technical details based on my personal experience in operating MiG-31 and Tu-128 supersonic interceptors.

Only firsthand experience, NO censor.

There is a sample story at the website:
heavenly-extreme.com/#example-story

I will be happy to know your opinion about my book.

If you have any questions about me or this book feel free to post her or PM me.

Last edited:
Welcome, I would simply be interested in your time in the Soviet Military in general. Professionally and as a fellow career officer (just on the other side of the pond)

Cheers and look forward to your posts.

Welcome to IMF. I read the teaser, it sounds like a great read. I can see that the Russian military operates much like the US Army, at least when I was in it=1970's. People like John Kerry get the medals, the real heros, didn't come home alive.

Welcome to IMF. I read the teaser, it sounds like a great read. I can see that the Russian military operates much like the US Army, at least when I was in it=1970's. People like John Kerry get the medals, the real heros, didn't come home alive.

Thank you.

Can you suggest some book about how US military operated during that years?
It is very interesting to compare.

Back