Enlisting in the Army after a OTH discharge from USMC? (please help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaowmidori

Hi, I'm new here and I hope someone can help me...

My partner is in the USMC, he got into trouble for making lots of stupid decisions and ended up in the brig. He has not been court martialed yet but I think we are looking at an Other Than Honorable discharge. He's been thinking about his mistakes, and says he would like to join the Army if they will take him. I heard from several people that the Army would take him, but when I googled OTH discharge it didn't seem very positive. I emailed an Army recruiter but haven't heard from them. I'm a Japanese civilian and know almost nothing about the military; my partner is in the brig and has limited resources so I was hoping someone here could give me correct information or point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much for any help! :)

Hi Team Infidel, thank you for your response. Could you please tell me where you get your information from? (I'm not doubting you, it's just that I keep hearing different answers from different people and I would like to have an official source if possible..) thanks again! :)

I am in the Army. Awaiting a Court Martial and a possible OTH, you will not hear from any recruiters, and he needs to find a different line of work.

Hey Midori-san

I'm sorry these guys aren't helping you its pretty shameful. And I don't have the information either, but try and find a contact for your spouses career planner and see if you could talk to him on behalf of your husband, if you can't talk to him/her try and get your husband to talk to a local career planner. Another good thing to do is make sure he is talking with a chaplain, that way he will have the good word of the chaplain to back up an enlistment.

Semper Fi

LCpl McMaster

Hey Midori-san

I'm sorry these guys aren't helping you its pretty shameful. And I don't have the information either, but try and find a contact for your spouses career planner and see if you could talk to him on behalf of your husband, if you can't talk to him/her try and get your husband to talk to a local career planner. Another good thing to do is make sure he is talking with a chaplain, that way he will have the good word of the chaplain to back up an enlistment.

Semper Fi

LCpl McMaster

1. He's getting an OTH

2. He's renlistment ineligable. Career Planner ain't doin anything for him. He's being seperated he has no career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back