End of an era

brinktk

Today concluded 15 1/2 years of service in the US Army. I served in the enlisted ranks up to Staff Sergeant and as a commissioned officer in the Field Artillery branch as a Captain. I don't know what the future holds, but I sure look forward to it.

When I left the RAF I felt something missing inside me, thats the reason I joined the Territorial Army, to bring back a little bit of service life that I missed.

However, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Today concluded 15 1/2 years of service in the US Army. I served in the enlisted ranks up to Staff Sergeant and as a commissioned officer in the Field Artillery branch as a Captain. I don't know what the future holds, but I sure look forward to it.

I think you should enter the scientific world, the military history to be precise. You worked as a teacher at a university, didn't you? if I remember correctly, you liked it.

I suggest military history, general history, International Relations-conflict studies, or something close to these things. I think you would like it a lot.

Regardless what you plan to do, I wish you good luck.

I think you should enter the scientific world, the military history to be precise. You worked as a teacher at a university, didn't you? if I remember correctly, you liked it.

I suggest military history, general history, International Relations-conflict studies, or something close to these things. I think you would like it a lot.

Regardless what you plan to do, I wish you good luck.

If I remember correctly the Royal Military College at Sandhurst use non British instructors. A chap like brinktk with his combat and other military experience I believe would be one hell of an asset.

If I remember correctly the Royal Military College at Sandhurst use non British instructors. A chap like brinktk with his combat and other military experience I believe would be one hell of an asset.

I agree with that. There is one problem though. Brinktk speaks English.....the people in the UK don't.

I can imagine there is an exchange of instructors between American military schools and the British military schools.

I agree with that. There is one problem though. Brinktk speaks English.....the people in the UK don't.
OI anymore of that I'll kick you up the kyber you'll think you're a ginger:p

I can imagine there is an exchange of instructors between American military schools and the British military schools.

I know aircrew exchange between the RAF and USAF. A RAF pilot was told by his USAF CO to shave his handlebar moustache off, he got hold of a copy of Queens Regulations and stuck it under the CO's nose explaining that handlebar moustaches are allowed under the Regulations which he is subject to, despite being under a USAF CO. He was allowed to keep his handlebar moustache.

OI anymore of that I'll kick you up the kyber you'll think you're a ginger:p

Whut? He has been working with interpreters in Afghanistan and in Iraq so he can hire an interpreter.

I know aircrew exchange between the RAF and USAF. A RAF pilot was told by his USAF CO to shave his handlebar moustache off, he got hold of a copy of Queens Regulations and stuck it under the CO's nose explaining that handlebar moustaches are allowed under the Regulations which he is subject to, despite being under a USAF CO. He was allowed to keep his handlebar moustache.

Does the Queen regulate the size of the mustache? Hahah

The cabbage head told me about an exchange between the RM and the USMC, I can imagine there is one between the armies as well.

There is an exchange between all the universities in Europe and the ones in the US and if Brinktk is going down the path of military history, there are nice archives in the UK. The British universities have a really good reputation and some of them are in the front of science.

He'll be fine, our Ruperts speak the Queen's English, its the other ranks who you cant understand! :lol:

There is another issue, does Brinktk realize how Brits are? He can take a look at your forum and check it out. He might be safe if he stays south of the Hadrian wall and stay away from Liverpool

Whatever you do Brinktk, I know you'll succeed.
Thank you for service.

Dadsgirl

Good luck with your new life, but I'm pretty sure you don't need luck to find a new good job! :smil:

Thanks everyone for your support. I will definitely be working on my education. Teaching at a war college of any kind would be a dream come true. I'm not sure a place like Sandhurst would know what to do with a former colonist coming from the uncivilized ranks who then became a yank officer...which they barely recognize as an officer in the first place...teaching their young, impressionable, future ruperts military history. I could see myself teaching those cadets all kinds of interesting things that would get under her majesty's military officer instructors skin...I would relish the idea of being a yank in such a position!

Thanks everyone for your support. I will definitely be working on my education. Teaching at a war college of any kind would be a dream come true. I'm not sure a place like Sandhurst would know what to do with a former colonist coming from the uncivilized ranks who then became a yank officer...which they barely recognize as an officer in the first place...teaching their young, impressionable, future ruperts military history. I could see myself teaching those cadets all kinds of interesting things that would get under her majesty's military officer instructors skin...I would relish the idea of being a yank in such a position!

This might be of interest to you:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Military_Academy_Sandhurst

You need not worry about officers at the college, as a lowly NCO I had a one pip wonder in tears. However, the bloke you would need to be careful of is the RSM, even senior officers tread vary careful around him. Its not beyond him to call an officer A F*&îng idiot, but he always adds Sir at the end.:mrgreen:

Oh, and there are Gurkhas stationed there to provide an opposing force in battle training for the cadets. Magic blokes

Last edited:

Doesn't Ft. Leavenworth have the US Army's learning and development of new doctrines? That might be something for you (not really history in the sense we are thinking about it)

Back