Election 2008: War in Iraq - Page 5

Read more about Originally Posted by errol The US will go eventually, probably with its tail between its legs. It won't be the military with it's tail between it's legs. If anyone goes o

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

September 15th, 2008   #41
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by errol
The US will go eventually, probably with its tail between its legs.

It won't be the military with it's tail between it's legs. If anyone goes out like that it will be the politicians who buggered it up in the first place.

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

September 15th, 2008   #42
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
It won't be the military with it's tail between it's legs. If anyone goes out like that it will be the politicians who buggered it up in the first place.
You would think, but look what happened in Vietnam.

I'm the bleeding heart liberal your mother warned you about.

September 15th, 2008   #43
AikiRooster

That's exactly what he was saying, at least according to my interpretation.

Anger itself does more harm than the condition which aroused anger.
- Samurai maxim

September 15th, 2008   #44
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
That's exactly what he was saying, at least according to my interpretation.
A lot of people think Vietnam was a military failure. They're morons, but they're uninformed and they go with what they've heard from similarly uninformed persons. I believe that ending the war in Vietnam was the highlight of the Nixon Administration.

But the topic at hand is the current war. And I like the idea of the end of the war being during the next administration as compared to one four elections down the road.

September 15th, 2008   #45
AikiRooster

I like the idea of the war being over when it's over and we won, not being over because it's politically correct.

September 16th, 2008   #46
03USMC

Here's the deal. We have to go at some point. As long as we are on the ground Iraq is a magnet for every two bit former goat herder Jihadist with a freakin RPG.

The question now should be when do the Iraqi's take over.

September 16th, 2008   #47
AikiRooster

True enough......the only thing that's ever really bothered me about this war is that I feel it should have been Iran, at least before Iraq if Iraq was still a target. I feel/felt like the case against Iran has been way stronger, since 79.

September 16th, 2008   #48
A Can of Man

Or try to get the two to blow each other up as it was in the '80s.

September 16th, 2008   #49
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Here's the deal. We have to go at some point. As long as we are on the ground Iraq is a magnet for every two bit former goat herder Jihadist with a freakin RPG.

The question now should be when do the Iraqi's take over.
I'm amazed, somebody actually agrees with me. I have been saying exactly this for the past 3 years.

This is what most Americans don't understand. No matter how noble the cause is (or they think it is) people in other countries don't take kindly to uninvited armies on their Lilly pad, or US bombs that crash through their houses. It really pisses them off. People will always defend their turf NO MATTER what the reason whether its to elimination infidels, heathens, Facists, Communists, Criminals, Warlords, or Terrorists.

Alot of the "Terrorists" in Iraq are not Islamic Extremists. Many of which are Iraqi or Arab nationalists that are fighting to remove an invader. The real jihadists of course feed on this nationalist sentiment to fuel their own causes.

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch

I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.

September 16th, 2008   #50
A Can of Man

Too bad they didn't try so hard when it came to Saddam and other secular dictators who were oppressing many groups in those countries pretty badly.
I think it goes to show just how soft we are. No body f*cks with you if the very next day the authorities will round up your relatives and have them shot. But that's just now how we do things.

Tags
discuss, election 08, iraq, mccain, obama