dwindling Chinese ingenuity

ASTRALdragon

I saw this on digg.com and it really pissed me off, but at the same time it only re-affirmed my beliefs about Chinese education and mindset. It really makes you think about how a member of the UNSC, the host of the 2008 Olympics, and world economic power could stoop to this level. To think that the Chinese government actually condones and/or turns a blind eye to this type of practice.

Enjoy

http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/

This is why the Chinese are so successful.
They can copy the stuff that we bust our asses with R&D with and then have it available to their citizens for a fraction of the price. Tell me how that doesn't help one's economy. Not to mention, movie and software piracy in China is absolutely insane. It's always an issue how amazingly popular Korean TV shows are in China yet they only earn a tiny, TINY TINY fraction of the amount of money it's making in China.
Then again, why re-invent the wheel?

The Chi-Coms have been doing that for years.

Norinco has been producing illegal copies of firearms for a long time.

If you go to http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index.shtm you will see all of the clones that they make.

Clones of Sig Sauer pistols, Remington 870 shotguns, Ithaca model 37 shotguns, Colt Woodsman pistol, Springfield Armory M1A rifle, etc....

The Chi-Coms do ripoffs of everything. Cars, guns, electronics, clothing, furniture, etc....

They don't have a single creative or moral bone in their body.

I saw this on digg.com and it really pissed me off, but at the same time it only re-affirmed my beliefs about Chinese education and mindset. It really makes you think about how a member of the UNSC, the host of the 2008 Olympics, and world economic power could stoop to this level. To think that the Chinese government actually condones and/or turns a blind eye to this type of practice.

Enjoy

http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/

Umm didnt the Japanese do exactly the same thing after WW2, copy what someone else is doing to get an industry going and then over time improve on it.

This is why the Chinese are so successful.
They can copy the stuff that we bust our asses with R&D with and then have it available to their citizens for a fraction of the price. Tell me how that doesn't help one's economy. Not to mention, movie and software piracy in China is absolutely insane. It's always an issue how amazingly popular Korean TV shows are in China yet they only earn a tiny, TINY TINY fraction of the amount of money it's making in China.
Then again, why re-invent the wheel?

I never said that it wasn't successful. I'm merely pointing out the fact that in doing this, the Chinese are not exactly giving themselves a good image on the world stage. Sooner or later, the world will catch on and any company that values its products uniqueness will most likely not have any of its stuff made in China. I know for a fact Microsoft pulled all of their software companies out of Asia due to uncontrollable software piracy. I believe the only Microsoft factory that is still operational in Asia is the one in Japan.

It really makes you think whether or not the Chinese really invented anything themselves over history...

Umm didnt the Japanese do exactly the same thing after WW2, copy what someone else is doing to get an industry going and then over time improve on it.

Lol sorry for the double post but I didn't see your until I posted mine. But to answer your question, I don't know. You have any links? I'd really want to know if this was true or not.

On a side note, I guess we'd have to deal in the present here because back in WW2 the global economy was not exactly.... global. So, I don't think copyright laws in the US really applied to anyone outside the US then. I'm not even sure the US had copyright laws then.... maybe patent laws. Meh, I'm not sure.

I don't think so MonteB. The weaponry, especially aircraft and battleships, were designed and produced by Japanese industrialists. After the War, a lot of cheap junk came out of Japan but I think their engineering, especially in gasoline engines returned to the high quality we see in Japanese products today.

It really makes you think whether or not the Chinese really invented anything themselves over history...

They were once a grand empire with riches the West could only dream of. You know the Louvre? That thing would have been the size of a Chinese emperor's toilet.
They just committed hegemonic suicide by deciding that there was nothing to learn of the world because they were superior to everyone and everything. That sealed their fate.
The Chinese expeditions in the past were far grander than the types of voyages European explorers went on. But then again, they decided it wasn't worth it anymore.
They were unbelievable.
Right now that is all ancient history.
But the Chinese are going crazy to try to bring that back. The public is crazier about it than the government... who are in fact trying to keep a lid on the public's sentiments.

They AREN'T copies.

They are pale imitations of original, that car might *look* like a BMW Smart but after driving it awhile you will quickly realize that the resemblance is only cosmetic. Thats true of everything they produce. Looks nice on the outside, total crap on the inside.

If they were exact copies they would work they way the originals do...

Back