drinking and driving

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
I would like to share an experience with you. It has to do with drinking and driving.

As you know some of us have had brushes with the authorities on our way home in recent years.
Well I for one have done something about it.

The other night I was out for a dinner and had a few drinks - and having far too much vino, and knowing full well I was wasted, I did something I’ve never done before. I took a bus home. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, since I have never driven a bus before.

I would like to share an experience with you. It has to do with drinking and driving.

As you know some of us have had brushes with the authorities on our way home in recent years.
Well I for one have done something about it.

The other night I was out for a dinner and had a few drinks - and having far too much vino, and knowing full well I was wasted, I did something I’ve never done before. I took a bus home. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, since I have never driven a bus before.

Since I know who it was now, I will recall my complaint against that driver I submitted to the city last week.

Last edited:
You said that you've arrived home safely... that's good, Sir. Well done?

Now the big question- it was YOUR home, yes?

LOL. Well done Colonel.

Can you now receive a decoration?
U.S. Army probably have a medal for senior officers who have survived public transport :wink:

Back