dream car

Mine is clear (and I even had it once in ´81, and cheap! 2000 Euros! :crybaby:, lent it out one night and the guy crashed it first thing in the morning, from running his 12 cyl Jag he was not being used to the sheer animalistic power of 250 PS (247.0 bhp/184.2 kW) @ 4000 rpm and torque of 500.0 Nm (369 ft·lb/51 kgm) @ 2800 rpm within 6.3 ltrs contained in a 1969 luxury hull with all gimmicks).

I am talking the MB 300 SEL 6.3, "6.3" is enough for fans.

You could not get it going in first gear, had to be second else it would burnout or just turn around the front axle, a true wolfe in sheep skin:

0-100 kmh 4.3 sec! 100-200 kmh: 15 sec. A 911 I would get in my rear mirror easily at every traffic stop up to 50... bye, bye, Porsche... (he won in the end always, but if you compare the weight, the 6.3 weighs 1800 kgs....)

These late 60's mammoths sported incredible options (including air suspension), and could deliver impressive power easily being the fastest 4 door saloon of its day.
The beast in burnout and acceleration

With its super adaptive suspension (you could adjust height and so the hardness) an impressive race car in its time (won most long term rallyes in the early ´70s, here one nice footage of the car that features the next vid for sound 40 yrs later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEWBstktU0), just the sound is incredible:

6.3 sound

With all this, absolutely safe and easy to handle, drifted like a glider w/o giving the pilot the slightest trouble, one hand for the car, the other for the lady :jump::

a nice drift

A car to relax in in everyday use, quiet, everything just *noble*, all chrome, wood and leather, everything electric, you always came out fresh after 1000 km or so at 160...; the engine compartment, a marvel!:

6.3 walkaround: chrome, engine compartment and inside

Only setback: Consumption (mechanic D-injection, 20-25 ltr/100 km, but with a 105 ltr deposti was manageable)

6.3 walkaround and inside photos, good quality that shows the beauty of the beast better than the vid

Well, that has been and still is my dream car, if I ever get the dough...

(30.000 Euros nowadays in good shape, though there is a rallye version on ebay where reserve was not met and from a recent bid, if you have the cash: Grab it! Translated page, needs some loading time: http://209.85.227.132/translate_c?h...le.com&usg=ALkJrhiCWbVtKVjlYmYdH66h9fYH4nRcVg)

Also found one in the US, cheap:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/mercedes_benz/300sel/843245.html

Rattler

Last edited:
I am strange, because I don´t care about cars, the only thing is clear for me is that my favourite car is anyone who has personal driver. To travel around whererever I like drinking as much my body asks for me and whith no parking problems.

:tank: This one is good but sucks too much petrol.

:horsie:This one is ecologic, but has no legs (not even the rider) :crybaby:

Cheers ;)

lol Infiniti G37 coup all wheel drive MAYBE a hardtop convertible option but frankly I think convertibles are useless because sometimes it's too hot, sometimes it's too cold, never just right...

I am strange, because I don´t care about cars, the only thing is clear for me is that my favourite car is anyone who has personal driver. To travel around whererever I like drinking as much my body asks for me and whith no parking problems.

I so totally agree....lol.....I could care less if my date had a scrappy veichle, I would ride in it w/no "problema" problem..heheheehe....

I'm a simple girl....anything that has wheels and drives me from point A to point B... :-D[/QUOTE]

I so totally agree....lol.....I could care less if my date had a scrappy veichle, I would ride in it w/no "problema" problem..heheheehe....

I'm a simple girl....anything that has wheels and drives me from point A to point B... :-D
[/QUOTE]

Gets out my quad bike, "There ya go Sky, jump on" lol

Gets out my quad bike, "There ya go Sky, jump on" lol[/QUOTE]

Wooooo, Hoooooo!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! i love quads!!!! lol, youre my kind of guy brit :) hehehehehehehheehhehe....nothin' better than driving, freely with wind blowing in my face lol....:rockin:

Wooooo, Hoooooo!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! i love quads!!!! lol, youre my kind of guy brit :) hehehehehehehheehhehe....nothin' better than driving, freely with wind blowing in my face lol....:rockin:

I hate getting flies in my teeth.....spit spit.

Last time I owned a motorcycle I rode with a full face helmet, then one day I sneezed and nearly rear ended a car because I couldnt see where I was going. Full face helmets need windscreen wipers "inside" the damn things.

Last edited:
My dream car, I had, a '69 Mustang fire engine red with a black stripe going down each side. Fully restored, crashed by ex fiancee -_-

I say you can't go wrong with classic American Muscle. If I could have any car it would have to be the grand daddy of all muscle, the 1965 Pontiac GTO.

My dream car:

HummerJeap.PNG

Something can can get me over the rougher roads and make long distance driving a pleasure.

1966 Corvette 427
66_Corvette_427_Front.jpg

Sorry, just wet myself. I've seen two before and one of the owners was kind enough to let me sit in it.

And the '97 Ferrari Spider
3850513022_1d1a578ec2.jpg

My neighbor had one and often he would take his son and I to school or drive us around town in it.

1977 Toyota Celica (burnt orange) My first car. When I was in the driver's seat, I felt like I was part of the car. Then the kids came, the Celica was traded in for a family car and I've never been able to afford that type of top of the line car again.

Back