Disappearing posts

About Disappearing posts


  International Military Forums > The Off-Topic Zone > Questions Forum and Suggestion box!
User Name
Password

 
May 20th, 2006   #1
bulldogg
 
 

Disappearing posts info


Yo Boss!! What's going on with some of the posts on the forum? Have we hit some sort of critical mass? Is the black body sucking some of our witty reparte into the ether? On the answer a question with a question thread there are at least a dozen posts GONE... vanished. I am left appearing to be talking to myself... I think it has happened elsewhere as well but wasn't sure before this and sorta chalked it up to too many hits on the head.


"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck
 
May 21st, 2006   #2
RnderSafe
 
 
Bulldogg...I am unsure as to where the posts have gone...however, we will look into it.

Other posts have been removed...we do not need your pointless comments when a member is asking for assistance. Check yourselves.

Last edited by RnderSafe; May 21st, 2006 at 01:58..
 
May 21st, 2006   #3
bulldogg
 
 
Point taken, sorry if I strayed too far.
 
May 21st, 2006   #4
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Point taken, sorry if I strayed too far.
You have not strayed at all...my second comment was directed to other members that had posted replies.

As to your original question... we cannot locate the lost posts. No moderators have removed posts in that forum so it may have been a glitch. Sorry for any inconvenience.
 
May 22nd, 2006   #5
Rob Henderson
 
 
I noticed that too. In the "Dream Car" thread of General Chit-Chat, the entire thread is gone...The last page is now the first...
 
May 22nd, 2006   #6
Redleg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
I noticed that too. In the "Dream Car" thread of General Chit-Chat, the entire thread is gone...The last page is now the first...
This thread??
dream car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
there was only 1 page of this thread until that post u quoted
I don't think anything's missing from that one???
 
May 22nd, 2006   #7
MightyMacbeth
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Other posts have been removed...we do not need your pointless comments when a member is asking for assistance. Check yourselves.
ahh very then I will revise my actions.



~when a man does his best, what else is there? Gen.George S.Patton

 
May 22nd, 2006   #8
Rob Henderson
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
This thread??
dream car



I don't think anything's missing from that one???
Yea I noticed...I got it confused with "Whats your favorite car(non-truck)...Sorry redleg
 
May 22nd, 2006   #9
bulldogg
 
 

Doh!!! info


Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
You have not strayed at all...my second comment was directed to other members that had posted replies.

As to your original question... we cannot locate the lost posts. No moderators have removed posts in that forum so it may have been a glitch. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Roger that boss, thanks for checking.

Ummm, yeah, ok, upon further inspection and engaging my brain in the DRIVE position... the missing posts have been found! They're on page one of the thread.

I must have logged onto the thread and had a total brain fart. If y'all don't mind I am going to go sit in the corner now and feel stupid.

Last edited by bulldogg; May 22nd, 2006 at 14:26..
 
May 22nd, 2006   #10
rotc boy
 
 
"heres your siiign"


Quote:
Originally Posted by moving0target
Can't tell you how many times I've heard thugs robbing convenience stores say to each other, "Fix bayonets!"