"Did you know?" Random TidBits and Facts!

Kina

Banned
Okay ladies and gents, I was EXTREMELY bored and this idea came to me. If this topic already exists, then I'm sorry for repeating it! But, here goes...

This is where we post random facts of knowledge; can be funny, military, non-military, completely serious, whatever! But only do one fact per post, just to make things easier for everyone involved...and please try to make them true! Don't just randomly make things up, cuz that's no fun!

I'll start it off...

Did you know that it's against the law to pawn your dentures off to someone in Las Vegas?

the kiwi, national bird of New Zealand, can't fly. It lives in a hole in the ground, is almost blind, and lays only one egg each year. Despite this, it has survived for more than 70 million years.

the kiwi, national bird of New Zealand, can't fly. It lives in a hole in the ground, is almost blind, and lays only one egg each year. Despite this, it has survived for more than 70 million years.

Kinda sounds like the infantry :p

For a short time today, members of Parliament in Australia were not permitted to use the term "mate" when addressing anyone. It was overturned within hours.

In Denver it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.

In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.

Barracudas eat shiny fish, so don't wear jewelry in the ocean. They mistake it for food, come at you at full force with their jaws wide open. Once they realize you are not food, they close their mouths, but can't change directions that fast, so they ram into you. Which is why barracudas rarely bite people.

Sharks have a vast radius of territory. So if someone is attacked by a shark 60 miles down the coast, it's still not safe to go swimming for a while.

The most likely place to be attacked by a shark? 10 feet from the shore in 3 feet deep water.

Alligators dont like people either. At feeding time, they sit with their heads halfway underwater (you know what i'm talking about). They have glands in their bottom jaws that detects ripple movement, which is why they attack. They also roll you around for a while, and if they don't release you, they generally store you in their den.

A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.

In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits.

Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

Around the time in Rome when the lions at the coliseum were eating christians some with a death sentence were killed at the theater. When the time came for the death scene the actor would be replaced by the accused and the execution would be performed.

In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, Gaylord Perry hit his first, and only, home run.

mzspaztastic said:
A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.
minus the part with the axe, sounds a lot like marrige!!

mzspaztastic said:
In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits.
depends what sort of stripes

mzspaztastic said:
Around the time in Rome when the lions at the coliseum were eating christians some with a death sentence were killed at the theater. When the time came for the death scene the actor would be replaced by the accused and the execution would be performed.
if only that would happen with some of the actors of today, yes Tom Cruise, im looking at you!

[/quote]

if only that would happen with some of the actors of today, yes Tom Cruise, im looking at you!

man, i'm so sick of tom cruise now. he's really gone over the edge and i've lost all respect for that man.

Back