"Did you know?" Random TidBits and Facts!

Did you know that only two letters have changed in the military alphabet since it's inception? Mike is one do you know the other?

i believe that Able was changed into Alpha.

dolphins are the only other mammal that has sex for recreation.

And his buddy Charlie was the other, I believe.

The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

All London Taxi Drivers are required by law to carry a bale of hay.
It is still a hanging offence to walk on the fore shore of the River Thames by Tratiors Gate.

Kina said:
Okay ladies and gents, I was EXTREMELY bored and this idea came to me. If this topic already exists, then I'm sorry for repeating it! But, here goes...

This is where we post random facts of knowledge; can be funny, military, non-military, completely serious, whatever! But only do one fact per post, just to make things easier for everyone involved...and please try to make them true! Don't just randomly make things up, cuz that's no fun!

I'll start it off...

Did you know that it's against the law to pawn your dentures off to someone in Las Vegas?

Fact: Kina asked us to do the bold (above) and a few people already disregarded that wish.

Marinerhodes said:
Kina said:
Okay ladies and gents, I was EXTREMELY bored and this idea came to me. If this topic already exists, then I'm sorry for repeating it! But, here goes...

This is where we post random facts of knowledge; can be funny, military, non-military, completely serious, whatever! But only do one fact per post, just to make things easier for everyone involved...and please try to make them true! Don't just randomly make things up, cuz that's no fun!

I'll start it off...

Did you know that it's against the law to pawn your dentures off to someone in Las Vegas?

Fact: Kina asked us to do the bold (above) and a few people already disregarded that wish.
And now Kina has been banned, but for very good reasons.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)

In Louisiana: Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."

In Louisiana:

Law: It is illegal to be an alcoholic.

City: Sulphur

Citation: Sec. 8-135. Vagrancy.

Vagrancy is hereby declared to be unlawful and the following persons are and shall be guilty of vagrancy:

(1) Habitual drunkards;

(Code 1970, ? 10-60)

In the early days of denim jeans, the left thigh was cut a little larger than the right (that came straight from an old millworker).

Dogs are genetically identical to wolves. They show no greater varience than one species of wolf does from another.

In the American Civil War Union and Confederate soldiers would trade tobacco and coffee by using small boats to float the items across the river

Back