dangerous boot polish

>*CrAzY*<

i about burnt my house down polishing my boots :shock:

I was trying to melt my polish down and was holding the lighter under my polish container lid thing and It Caught on Fire! I mean the people from the 82d Airborne told me thats how it worked... but OMG lol

so yeah... and btw... i dn't think kiwi original boot polish is actually flammable... i've held a lighter up to my boots to melt the polish (ok ok, dont ask lol) and it didn't catch on fire.. or anything...

but someone in my sq. said that it was flammable...hmmm

Yeah, that's the way you do it. Set the kiwi on fire, drop the lid on it to snuff the flame and the swab up the goop while it's still runny and apply it. Or at least that's the way we do it.

CrazyCadet142 said:
i about burnt my house down polishing my boots :shock:

I was trying to melt my polish down and was holding the lighter under my polish container lid thing and It Caught on Fire! I mean the people from the 82d Airborne told me thats how it worked... but OMG lol

so yeah... and btw... i dn't think kiwi original boot polish is actually flammable... i've held a lighter up to my boots to melt the polish (ok ok, dont ask lol) and it didn't catch on fire.. or anything...

but someone in my sq. said that it was flammable...hmmm

here's how you do it. open the kiwi container, light the kiwi itself (not under bottom of the can)....be careful..it IS FLAMMABLE...you just let a good portion of the kiwi melt then snuff out the fire with the kiwi lid. do not attempt this on your carpet..try the kitchen table..Please, do not ask me why kiwi will catch fire in the can but not on the boots because i spent 8 years trying figure it out and had no success! and you can also add a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol to your water if you are "spit-shining" your boots. and get Parade Gloss kiwi it shines better than regular kiwi.

Another tip is when you first get your boots, use a light scouring pad to take off the junk polish they're shipped with and get a black leather dye and dye your boots before polishing them for the first time. I know, the boots are already black, but this really works well, darkens them up some more and conceals nicks better, plus you can get a much better gloss on your boot.

the dye part... i think i need that... and also, lather boots up w/ saddle soap every 10 or so polishes.. or after being in serious dust.... let them sit while you lather up the other one (ok, just soap a little, it doesn't lather well) then wash it off.... yeah.. just don't scrub too hard.. and mild steel wool.... :-D don't yell at me :-D don't ask please...but yeah... my boots are white in some parts...

They actually have some spray on saddle soap now that works great. I use it on my saddles (who would of thought, huh? :lol: ) and actually saved this one old saddle that I'd neglected for years and was all cracked and busted up as far as the leather was concerned. I got to go check the brand for you all, I don't really pay attention to that stuff haha.

I use Kiwi.... :-D Is your boot a kiwi boot? (get it... the gerber baby thing... ok, just a meager attempt at humor :-D)

smiles :D soo, on the topic of polish... what method of polishing flirts yalls skirts? (do you like, in other words) i'll post mine later when i have more time

if i was in a hurry(late for formation :lol: ) i would just brush shine them but if i felt frisky i'd spit shine them.

Best way to go is if you live near a bus depot or an airport, just wear your boots in there and go to the shoeshine stand. Let someone else do the work. :lol:

altho i don't blame him... its better then spending 2 hours on it... but i don't like the idea of instant shine being used cause white or blue boots aren't exactly regs

Aw, no, if you're going to be lazy you gotta do it right, have a real shoe shiner do them, not some hack with a paintbrush.
Because the point is to keep people from knowing how lazy you are.

:lol:

1st coat.. reg. kiwi and cottonball...
2nd coat ... kiwi parade gloss... :-D

and if all else fails, use the lighter (only w/ reg kiwi tho! :-D)

oh yeah, my top got a whole burnt in it :-D on my old can... it was...interesting.. :-D so the polish dried out, but not after several attempts of melting the polish (resulting in a bowl w/ a black ring around it and polish that had been stirred w/ a fork :lol: :wink:)

CrazyCadet142 said:
1st coat.. reg. kiwi and cottonball...
2nd coat ... kiwi parade gloss... :-D

and if all else fails, use the lighter (only w/ reg kiwi tho! :-D)

oh yeah, my top got a whole burnt in it :-D on my old can... it was...interesting.. :-D so the polish dried out, but not after several attempts of melting the polish (resulting in a bowl w/ a black ring around it and polish that had been stirred w/ a fork :lol: :wink:)

you just have no kinda good luck with boot polish do ya? :lol:

I have 3 pairs of boots..don't ask me why I have 3, I'm just highspeed like that :p , and they all have regular kiwi...I tried parade gloss, but I couldn't see the big difference between the two..plus I noticed Parade Gloss tends to crack easier..

ckim715 said:
I have 3 pairs of boots..don't ask me why I have 3, I'm just highspeed like that :p , and they all have regular kiwi...I tried parade gloss, but I couldn't see the big difference between the two..plus I noticed Parade Gloss tends to crack easier..

you have 3 pairs so you can polish all of them on the weekends and not have to polish any of them during the week days....i remember that trick. :lol:

Back