dangerous boot polish

About dangerous boot polish Page 2

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Military Related Discussions
User Name
Password

January 6th, 2004   #11
XARMYSGT

if i was in a hurry(late for formation ) i would just brush shine them but if i felt frisky i'd spit shine them.

--
January 6th, 2004   #12
Redneck

Best way to go is if you live near a bus depot or an airport, just wear your boots in there and go to the shoeshine stand. Let someone else do the work.

No boom, no boom, no boom, Amen.

January 6th, 2004   #13
>*CrAzY*<

hahaha, for those of us who don't trust anyone else w/polishing our precious boots

Why must we hate one another? Well no matter what we gotta live together. - Hootie

Semper Fi, Nathan!

January 6th, 2004   #14
Tessa

Redneck..

You are to freakin lazy..

January 6th, 2004   #15
>*CrAzY*<

altho i don't blame him... its better then spending 2 hours on it... but i don't like the idea of instant shine being used cause white or blue boots aren't exactly regs

January 6th, 2004   #16
Redneck

Aw, no, if you're going to be lazy you gotta do it right, have a real shoe shiner do them, not some hack with a paintbrush.
Because the point is to keep people from knowing how lazy you are.

January 8th, 2004   #17
>*CrAzY*<

1st coat.. reg. kiwi and cottonball...
2nd coat ... kiwi parade gloss...

and if all else fails, use the lighter (only w/ reg kiwi tho! )

oh yeah, my top got a whole burnt in it on my old can... it was...interesting.. so the polish dried out, but not after several attempts of melting the polish (resulting in a bowl w/ a black ring around it and polish that had been stirred w/ a fork )

January 9th, 2004   #18
XARMYSGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCadet142
1st coat.. reg. kiwi and cottonball...
2nd coat ... kiwi parade gloss...

and if all else fails, use the lighter (only w/ reg kiwi tho! )

oh yeah, my top got a whole burnt in it on my old can... it was...interesting.. so the polish dried out, but not after several attempts of melting the polish (resulting in a bowl w/ a black ring around it and polish that had been stirred w/ a fork )
you just have no kinda good luck with boot polish do ya?

January 10th, 2004   #19
Pogue

I have 3 pairs of boots..don't ask me why I have 3, I'm just highspeed like that :P , and they all have regular kiwi...I tried parade gloss, but I couldn't see the big difference between the two..plus I noticed Parade Gloss tends to crack easier..

January 10th, 2004   #20
XARMYSGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckim715
I have 3 pairs of boots..don't ask me why I have 3, I'm just highspeed like that :P , and they all have regular kiwi...I tried parade gloss, but I couldn't see the big difference between the two..plus I noticed Parade Gloss tends to crack easier..
you have 3 pairs so you can polish all of them on the weekends and not have to polish any of them during the week days....i remember that trick.