Dad of a fallen Marine perseveres against protests at military funerals - Page 3

Read more about The most sickening part of this, is that our troops voluntarily risk their lives so that these bottom-feeders can make these hateful comments! It's a good thing I don't o

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

April 11th, 2010   #21
jillyz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloch
Are you really telling me you don't have any laws against such behavior in the US? I can hardly believe that, but well...I guess I'll have to.
BS like that's got nothing to do with freedom of speech. Here in Germany, knowingly disturbing a funeral gets you up to 3 years in jail...
Yes, Moloch....sadly, that's how it is over here.

Sometimes I think I understand everything....then I regain consciousness.

-
April 11th, 2010   #22
senojekips

In such a litigious society as exists in the US, I have no idea how come the Father (and a lot of others) have not taken the Phelps clan to court and sued them back to the stone age, for mental anguish or some such thing.

People have been awarded huge sums for much less.

"I am totally responsible for what I write,... however I cannot be held responsible for your complete inability to understand"

April 12th, 2010   #23
A Can of Man

I guess he's just that kind of person.

April 12th, 2010   #24
Chukpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
In such a litigious society as exists in the US, I have no idea how come the Father (and a lot of others) have not taken the Phelps clan to court and sued them back to the stone age, for mental anguish or some such thing.

People have been awarded huge sums for much less.
As I listed in post 17 Phelps was sued. Snyder (the Father) sued for defamation, for invasion of privacy and for intentional infliction of emotional distress, and won $5 million in damages

But the appeals court threw out the award as summarized here:

"The high court won’t hear Snyder’s defamation charge. A lower court threw that out, essentially saying that Phelps and Co. propagate such outlandish claims that no one with any common sense would believe them anyway."

The court not only threw the judgment out they ruled that Snyder owes Phelps court cost.

Basically that is what started the topic, the case is going to the Supreme Court to see if the appeals court ruling stands on Phelps right to not be blocked from his protest. It will not reinstate the judgement even if Phelps losses.

You might want to reread post 17, Phelps will not stop protesting funerals he will continue.

Last edited by Chukpike; April 12th, 2010 at 06:04..

April 12th, 2010   #25
A Can of Man

F*ck everything.

April 12th, 2010   #26
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukpike
---snip---But the appeals court threw out the award as summarized here:
In which case the Father should have stood in the court and accused the presiding judge(s) of being stupid f*ckwits who were on the payroll of the Phelps clan. When the judge tried to charge him with contempt of court, use the same defence saying that the statement was supposedly too stupid to believe, so why was the judge getting his knickers in a knot?

April 18th, 2010   #27
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloch
Are you really telling me you don't have any laws against such behavior in the US? I can hardly believe that, but well...I guess I'll have to.
BS like that's got nothing to do with freedom of speech. Here in Germany, knowingly disturbing a funeral gets you up to 3 years in jail...
Yep its true, want to know another thing about our govt that Pi***s me off? and this is;'t an Obama thing,

For 234 years, the Military of the United States has defended the freedoms each American has, including the right to burn the Flag and bad mouth this great nation, How's THAT grab ya? Kinda make ya wonder how we have made it this far don't it?

April 19th, 2010   #28
-- Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Yep its true, want to know another thing about our govt that Pi***s me off? and this is;'t an Obama thing,

For 234 years, the Military of the United States has defended the freedoms each American has, including the right to burn the Flag and bad mouth this great nation, How's THAT grab ya? Kinda make ya wonder how we have made it this far don't it?
David Koresh and his Branch Davidians, they left folks alone. They didn't harass anyone. And lookie at what the feds did to them. They killed them.

But this nut job Westboro bunch from Topeka, all the crap they do to folks, and they get away with it. And the feds don't do anything.

Something's wrong about all of this.

April 19th, 2010   #29
A Can of Man

Hey, the latest news I got was that America is perfect.
I have to agree or else I'm anti-American.

April 21st, 2010   #30
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen

We've made it this far because Rough men still stand ready to committ violence on behalf of the sissies to protect their right to do silly stuff. To halfass parapharse Orwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
Hey, the latest news I got was that America is perfect.
I have to agree or else I'm anti-American.
Thats crap. Imperfect but functioning to a degree that prevents tyranny or anarchy is more like it.

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

Tags
bottom-feeders, good, hateful, make, thing