Court orders Peru's Fujimori extradicted (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Chile's Supreme Court on Friday ordered the extradition of former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori to face trial at home for corruption and human rights violations, including accusations that he ordered the death squad killings of 25 people.

More...

Not a good move

I follow Peru's armed forces a little I like Mig-29s and Mirage 2000s and can't believe he even went to Chile. Nothing good could come out of stepping on South American soil never mind going to Chile right next to Peru. You would think a ex-President would have advisers or former staff that would say sir this is a bad idea.

On a different note a friend of mine from Chile said Peru should have a little less $600 million extra for military purchases in 2008. Maybe Peru's AF will get their Mig-29s or Mirage 2000s upgraded? I wonder how many of both types are even flying. This web site I was at about a year or so ago mention that 7 or 8 Mig-29s are flying and only 3 Mirage 2000.

He went to Chile because when all is said and done he's Peruano not Japanese. He's more comfortable in South America. And probably has assets in Chile.

He maybe crazy like a fox. I've been watching SUR-Peru trying to keep up with this. He's got alot of support in Peru with the upper and middle classes.

He did provide a level of economic stability and he did pretty much get rid of Sendero Luminoso and MRTA. So he is somewhat of a hero to people who can assist him (money). If he gets off he'll be right back in some position in Lima.

And a sad fact is anything can be bought in Most of Latin America.

Back