Congrats Marsh

About Congrats Marsh Page 2

International Military Forums > The Off-Topic Zone > Sports Forum. Sports Discussions
User Name
Password

November 5th, 2009   #11
mmarsh

God I wish I was in NY right now...There's going to be one hell of a party.

DTOP

I agree about Matsui, however this is his last year of his contract. Think the yanks will resign him? There is talk about him going back to Japan.

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch

I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.

--
November 5th, 2009   #12
The Other Guy

Ick. They talk about 2000 like they haven't won in 86 years.

Matsui did have a fantastic game, however.

I'm the bleeding heart liberal your mother warned you about.

November 5th, 2009   #13
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
God I wish I was in NY right now...There's going to be one hell of a party.

DTOP

I agree about Matsui, however this is his last year of his contract. Think the yanks will resign him? There is talk about him going back to Japan.
There has been talk bout the Yankees wanting to give Posada more DH opportunities and then there's Damon.
Bringing back Damon would be no big surprise. It always looked like the Yankees would try to bring him back to play LF and DH a bit. If you can have Damon at $6 to $8 million, I wonder how much it will take to bring Matsui back? Sure, his knees are terrible but if he’s willing to accept a similar deal for say $6 million, as well, then wouldn’t you think the Yankees would resign the guy?

I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which in truth, they are.
Gen. W.T. Sherman

November 5th, 2009   #14
The Other Guy

I personally don't understand why they would re-sign Damon. He's got a so-so bat and no arm.

November 9th, 2009   #15
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
I personally don't understand why they would re-sign Damon. He's got a so-so bat and no arm.
See thats my feeling too. Between Matsui and Damon, I'd pick Matsui. He's been more consistent at bat.

Of course, there is also Japan. No idea what the salaries are in Japan but this guy is like the David Beckham over there. He could be under alot of pressure to go back home for a bigger paycheck, or some other MLB club. (Although I think he has stated he would only play for the Bombers in the US).

If he goes back to Japan, he'll be missed says this Yank Fan.

November 10th, 2009   #16
A Can of Man

The paycheque in Japan is also very good. It's also one of the most expensive countries you can live in. When I visited Japan, all I could afford were the 7/11 spaghettis.

Tags
baseball