A Combatant's Oath of Allegiance

Just because there may be honor or respect doesn't mean I won't kill them in a heartbeat. If you don't respect your enemy, be prepared to be defeated by them. Disrespect breeds complacency and underestimation of capability. ANYONE on ANYDAY can defeat even the best of soldiers if there is a will. If one remains humble and maintains a healthy respect for their enemies, you'll do much more to keeping yourself and your men alive, and your adversaries dead.

I'll do it, brinktk. Not this year. Not next year. But I will read every field manual of every army, from the RKKA to the Juche KPA to the US to the Truppenfyhrung, and then I'll read the entire military-quotes and the homeofheroes and everything, and I'll do it.

When we were conscripted the lads refused to take the oath to see what would happen next, the answer was nothing we still had to join the army

When we were conscripted the lads refused to take the oath to see what would happen next, the answer was nothing we still had to join the army

I'm surprised they weren't put in the cells until they did take the oath.

My dad was on a 252 in front of the old man, when he was asked if he had anything to say he replied "No sir," he was additionally charged with dumb insolence.

AUSTRALIAN ARMY OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, Rambo, swear to sign away four years of my mediocre life to the AUSTRALIAN Army because I couldn't score high enough on the enlistment test to get into the Air Force, and the Navy wouldn't take me due to the fact that I'm not tough enough and can't swim.

I will wear camouflage every day and tuck my trousers into my boots and I promise to wear my uniform 24 hrs a day even when I am shopping.

I will continue telling myself that I am a fierce killing machine because my drill sergeant told me I am, despite the fact that the only action I ever will see is a court martial for sexual harassment, or for the harming of innocent animals.

I acknowledge the fact that I will make Private in my first year of service, and vow to maintain that it is because I scored perfect on Physical Training test. After completion of my sexual-er-I mean, BASIC training, I will attend a different Army School once every other month and return knowing less than I did when I left.

On my first trip home after boot camp, I will walk around like I am cool and propose to marry my ninth-grade sweetheart. I will make my wife stay at home, because if I let her out she might leave me for a smarter, better looking Air Force or Navy guy. Should she leave me twelve times, I will continue to take her back.

Whilst at work, I will maintain a look of knowledge while getting absolutely nothing accomplished.

I will arrive at work every day at 10:00 hrs because of morning Physical Training and leave every day at 1300 hrs to report back to the "COMPANY".

I understand that I will undergo no training whatsoever that will help me get a job upon separation, and will end up working on the council with my friends from high school, or as a security guard.

So help me God

Signature:________________________________

Date: ____________________________________

Okay.. the real one!

Oath or affirmation for enlistment of member
(regulation 24)
Form of oath

I, (insert full name of person) swear that I will well and truly serve Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law, as a member of the

(insert Australian Navy , Australian Army , or Australian Air Force )

(insert for the period of (number of years) , and any extensions of that period, or until retiring age, )

and that I will resist her enemies and faithfully discharge my duty according to law.

SO HELP ME GOD!

Form of affirmation

I, (insert full name of person) promise that I will well and truly serve Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law, as a member of the

(insert Australian Navy , Australian Army , or Australian Air Force )

(insert for the period of (number of years) , and any extensions of that period, or until retiring age, )

and that I will resist Her enemies and faithfully discharge my duty according to law.

Back