Code Breakers To Be Honoured

If you are going to trivialise it that much it would also be fair to say the same of those sitting at front.

No medals for anyone.

Infantry don't get their own medal so I don't see why code breakers should for drinking hot tea while sitting on their arses.

If you are going to trivialise it that much it would also be fair to say the same of those sitting at front.

No medals for anyone.

I agree.

We could perhaps give them to the families of those who paid the supreme sacrifice, they certainly earned them.

Infantry don't get their own medal so I don't see why code breakers should for drinking hot tea while sitting on their arses.

We are talking campaign medals here not awards of valour and just about everyone that served in WW2 got them, for example my uncles got the Greece/Crete medal, Africa Star, Italy Star, New Zealand Defence Medal, 1939-45 Defence Medal just for showing up.

I can't see any reason other than elapsed time why the code breakers shouldn't get the same.

The topic is their 'own' medal Monty.

The Code breakers from Bletchley Park that did so much to help the Allies win WW2 are going to awarded a their own Medal.

We could perhaps give them to the families of those who paid the supreme sacrifice, they certainly earned them.
Which families?

The families of the code breakers? None of code breakers paid the supreme sacrifice.

Agreed to a point. BUT, if it werent for the code breakers a lot more allied lives would have been lost.

However, I would rather support a monument to their work rather then handing out medals.

The families of the code breakers? None of code breakers paid the supreme sacrifice.
WTF is wrong with you? I have been arguing against the issuing of medals to the code breakers.

The NOK statement was in response to Monty's point about no one, not even those in the front line, getting medals. If you can't follow what is going on just go back to bloody sleep.

Last edited:
Back