chinese military ability

mayuhao

what do you think about the ancient chinese military ability?
and what do you think about the military forces' ability of china these years?
i am interestes in sharing your points of these:mrgreen: hope i can make friends with you

I think it's best if we limit this thread to "the ancient chinese military ability" part right now, especially since it's posted in the Military History part of the forum.

Thanks.

well I dont know much.. China didnt seem to think of world domination, like the Mongols for example.. They sometimes fought each other.. faction against faction. Very interesting history if you ask me.. Just didnt have the time to consentrate on it and look deeply at it. Everything was pretty good actually, weapons, tactics etc etc.. even some famous people which i cannot memorize their names :mrgreen:

:)

i am only curious about your opnions about china in this foreign military forum:shoothea:never let it to be a serious topic

Last edited:
That's what many Chinese forum members say right up until someone is critical or has a divergent viewpoint of China and then it becomes personal. No thanks.

Well, you guys should learn Han Yu Bing Yin, you will better understand the translation of Chinese words into English words.

The Chinese military anciently? Well, except when they were between Dynasties or toward the end of one, China was very often very quietly the most powerful military on earth. The Ming or the Yuan Dynasties could certainly claim this (though the Yuan is not exactly a "Chinese" Dynasty.)

The problem with this all is perception. China was not terribly interested in interacting with anyone outside of it's immediate neighborhood, so nobody knew how powerful they really were. They also did not go on the road of conquest. Truth be told, the Ming was about as aggressive as they ever got. It was the non-China originating Dynasties that everyone ends up remembering.

Zander, two ears and one mouth or in the world of forums the maxim still applies, two eyes and one mouth.

If you want to know more about this,go to ask the Huns;Go to ask the Mogolians who attached Europe easily and they experienced about 80 years to conquer China and their empie in China only lasted for about 80 years.

Back