Casca, The Eterna Mercenary

Redcell

Does Anyone Remember Barry Sadler's Casca Series?

I loved those books And used to have a complete set, just thought Id ask Which Is your Favorite and why.

Mine Was Casca, The Barbarian :viking:

I've not come across these before, seems slightly similar to Sharpe, so it jumps to the top of my must read list - why does this always happen!!

I've not come across these before, seems slightly similar to Sharpe, so it jumps to the top of my must read list - why does this always happen!!

Love the Sharpe books, wasn't quite as keen on the screen version......

I wasn't a fan of the films either - until I started to view them as theatrical plays on the screen, it helped my enjoyment more, but I still hanker for some of the mass battle scenes from the books to be put on the screen.

I remember the Casca series...The book i liked the most was when he was Casey Romain back in viet nam (a second time...first he was there with the french), looking for that special Vietnamese colonel to make sure he died horribly. Yes the eternal mercenary..cursed to walk the earth till Jesus comes back. it was a fairly good series.

It fell apart when barry sadler died. otherwise, a good series :camo:

I'm going thru the Tom Clancy books right now, like ....Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit and Op Center.

I am looking at a series of books titled Out of the Ashes, by William Johnstone.

I will put the Casca series down for the next set of reading books.

I forgot all about these books.

Thanks for the heads up on them.

Dawg

I remember the Casca series...The book i liked the most was when he was Casey Romain back in viet nam (a second time...first he was there with the french), looking for that special Vietnamese colonel to make sure he died horribly. Yes the eternal mercenary..cursed to walk the earth till Jesus comes back. it was a fairly good series.

It fell apart when barry sadler died. otherwise, a good series :camo:

Do you mean Casca, The Phoenex?
thats another good one.

There is a torrent going around with the audiobooks I downloaded it and its great, if you want i can post the link.

I remember the Casca series, I just started telling a friend about them the other day and started looking for them on e-book. I also enjoyed the Ashes series by William Johnstone. Does anyone remember a series of books by John Sievert called C.A.D. (Computerized Attack/Defense System) where they had personal computerized armour? It was a good series too.

Back