Can you make a silencer from plastic bottle?

" ... if I see some actor put a suppressor on a revolver....I just may lose it right there in the movies."

I'm SURE I've seen this at least once or twice ... actor pulls out a silencer and screws it on then takes a few shots with the generic, hollywood "phyewwt ... phyewwt" sound emanating from the gun.

We could have an entire thread of "no way!" moments from movies. Rambo II comes to mind when Stallone takes out a Hind helicopter with an acorn-sized explosive warhead on the end of an arrow. Not quite a firearm ... but it sticks in my head as a great example of Hollyweird nonsense.

Back to the original topic, I saw the ad for the directions ... never saw the directions themselves and certainly didn't recommend the procedure.

Rambo LOL. thats just plain tv, BUT a jet engine can be blown apart by nothing more than an ice cube if it goes down the intake, so if IS possible to drop a helo with a small solid object its called FOD, Foreign Object Damage, I've seen a acorn from a Oak Tree rip a T-58 apart so bad it literally exploded. So you can just imagine what a pigeon will do to a 747

Supressed revolvers, I mentioned above that I heard a 22 with a plastic 2 litter bottle shot and that it was quieter than without. At the same time a 38spl 4 inch barrel revolver was shot with a plastic bottle . It was also quiter with the bottle than without. A .003 to .012 clyinder to forcing cone gap may make it not the ideal weapon to supress, But the dozen or so supressors that I have heard were not the silent types portraed in the movies.

From Russian movie Brat ("Brother")
1812744.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz448cCA4IA"]Погоня (отрывок #3 из к/ф Брат) - YouTube[/ame]

Supressed revolvers, I mentioned above that I heard a 22 with a plastic 2 litter bottle shot and that it was quieter than without. At the same time a 38spl 4 inch barrel revolver was shot with a plastic bottle . It was also quiter with the bottle than without. A .003 to .012 clyinder to forcing cone gap may make it not the ideal weapon to supress, But the dozen or so supressors that I have heard were not the silent types portraed in the movies.

The problem is, is the gap between cylinder and barrel, a revolver cannot effectively be silenced except for the Soviet built Nagant where the cylinder encloses the barrel when firing.

More movie crap again.

Back