Camouflage

ZombieCombatCommand

In the case of Zombies, camouflage won't matter a whole lot because if they're close enough, the smell is what will attract them to you. At long ranges, their vision is quite poor anyway. However, it does play an important part in dealing with the other problem: hostile people.

Which camouflage pattern would you pick for your team and why?

Multicam or woodland MarPat if camo really needed to be addressed. Since movement during the day would be rare at best, OD or ranger green. Foliage tends to be "dove grey" during the daylight hrs. Since I plan on being coastal and with luck in a low light area, dull colors will suffice in any hue( so long as its not a moonlit night).

Movement during night time is preferred against human opponents but at night, it's a virtual death sentence when dealing with Zombies. In either case, moving is extremely difficult. However, if you have to choose one for the other, movement during the day time is preferred. Hence the issue of camouflage.

If one is really going to camo up against a human opponent and be effective they need to do more than just wear a camouflage uniform...There is no one answer for an all purpose camo, you should be using foliage and vegetation from the area you plan to be working in and attaching it to your person. If one is in an urban environment then camo isn't going to help a whole lot, it will be more about staying out of sight lines as opposed to blending in. If you're in a building, staying away from windows and don't make any sudden movements. If you're moving outside, then it is about moving from one piece of concealment to another trying to limit your exposure time.

Besides, if you're close enough for any human opponent to be recognizing your camo pattern, well, you've got bigger problems then blending in since any trained person is going to see you and any non trained person won't be able to tell if you're wearing blue jeans or camo since they'll be oblivious. NOTE: US Navy SEALs regularly wore Levi jeans when they went on missions during Vietnam...

Against a human opponent it is excellent advice but are "zombies" human?

It seems to me that you are dealing with slow moving humanoids with incredibly dull reflexes that tend to overwhelm their prey which I imagine would be somewhat different to the situation described.

I think it is important to determine the characteristics of the "zombie" before determining how best to avoid one.

Against a human opponent it is excellent advice but are "zombies" human?

It seems to me that you are dealing with slow moving humanoids with incredibly dull reflexes that tend to overwhelm their prey which I imagine would be somewhat different to the situation described.

I think it is important to determine the characteristics of the "zombie" before determining how best to avoid one.

I think the OP was more referring to camo that would be most effective against human opponents since in the event of an apocalypse, it would be reasonable to assume that there would be competition for resources, hence, human opponents.

I think the OP was more referring to camo that would be most effective against human opponents since in the event of an apocalypse, it would be reasonable to assume that there would be competition for resources, hence, human opponents.

Hehe well that will teach me not to read the thread.
:)

Multicam Black and move in the night using all the necessary gear ( move light )
multicamblack.png

As it turns out, black is a poor choice of camouflage, even at night. At night, darker shades of natural colors seem to be far more effective than flat black, especially since it's rarely ever completely pitch dark. We're not just talking about artificial lighting, we're talking about moonlight as well, so the same applies in a scenario where all electrical power is lost.

Not to mention his foregrip needs to be further forward for close in work, nothing is tied or taped down, those goggles will do nothing but fog up over that mask, his optics are too far back....and yes, he is wearing black which isn't my first choice camo.

Do we know whether Zombies are colour blind or suffer from monochromacy?

If for example they did have monochromacy then black camo may well be a good idea especially at night.

Back