Bullpup vs. classic rifle designs?

Mmm, BBQ, beer, pie, I like the sound of that, and shall we say the next weekend in Fairbanks, Alaska? I need a similar intervention

Then we need to get you state side my friend! Hell where I am from even if the global economy collaspes we would still have plenty of meat on the grill lol.

However, on the mulitple barrel weapon , Mr. 5.56 I also have a question as well.

Is this a similar design to weapons Soviet Tankers often carried, meaning was it capable of being fired through the weapon ports of many Soviet armored vehicles under war time conditions?

Lastly, a observation I have noticed about this three barreled weapon.

Wouldn't in theory the operator, regardless of hit percentage, have to carry three times as many magazines as a standard Soviet Soldier with an normal AKM?

Meaning, in order to substain the same amount of fire for the same amount of time in the field,if only using a standard issued number of magizines then even though the Soviet soldier with the three barelled weapon fires 3 rounds to every 1 of the AKM equiped soldier...

Then in theory the 3 barreled weapon would guzzel a standard equiped soldiers ammuntion much quicker than a normal Soviet Issued AKM wielding soldier.

UNLESS the one with the 3 barelled weapon carried three times as much 7.62x39 mm.... and three times the weight...

Hence why I asked if maybe this was also a armored crewman exlusive design...

Last edited:
Then we need to get you state side my friend! Hell where I am from even if the global economy collaspes we would still have plenty of meat on the grill lol.

However, on the mulitple barrel weapon , Mr. 5.56 I also have a question as well.

Is this a similar design to weapons Soviet Tankers often carried, meaning was it capable of being fired through the weapon ports of many Soviet armored vehicles under war time conditions?

Wouldn't in theory the operator, regardless of hit percentage, have to carry three times as many magazines as a standard Soviet Soldier with an normal AKM?

Meaning, in order to substain the same amount of fire for the same amount of time in the field,if only using a standard issued number of magizines then even though the Soviet soldier with the three barelled weapon fires 3 rounds to ever 1 of the AKM equiped soldier...

Then in theory the 3 barreled weapon would guzzel a standard equiped soldiers ammuntion much quicker than a normal Soviet Issued AKM wielding soldier.

UNLESS the one with the 3 barelled weapon carried three times as much 7.62x39 mm.... and three times the weight...

What is wrong with Alaska? It is a part of the U.S., and perhaps you guys, will appreciate the winter, it is -32 C (-26 F) here today, it is soooo nice, I have been out and enjoyed the day

What is wrong with Alaska? It is a part of the U.S., and perhaps you guys, will appreciate the winter, it is -32 C (-26 F) here today, it is soooo nice, I have been out and enjoyed the day

A tid bit cold... But I guess with the right about of fire wood I can manage... lol.

As for the 3 barrel Soviet experimental bullpup.

I would hate to change the center barrel on that thing....

Imagine how that conversation would go.

Me: Hey I think I warped the center barrel after a little to much "rock and roll"...

Armorer: No problem man, go grab those chains, and I will go get the tank recovery vehicle.

Last edited:
A tid bit cold... But I guess with the right about of fire wood I can manage... lol.

As for the 3 barrel Soviet experimental bullpup.

I would hate to change the center barrel on that thing....

Imagine how that conversation would go.

Me: Hey I think I warped the center barrel after a little to much "rock and roll"...

Armorer: No problem man, go grab those chains, and I will go get the tank recovery vehicle.

There is no cold weather, only bad clothes, my friend. The bullpup seem to be odd. The tested a lot of things, and they still do. What is your opinion of the best bullpup out there?

AUG style layout, hands down, maybe one of the American market models, like Mr. 5.56's.

Haven't had the bullpup experiance yet, but defiently I would go for the proven AUG model, today's models like the F 88 A3 are supposed to be even more refined than the orginal production model.

The weapon is proven, it has the history and adoption record to back it up.

But I will admit, while shouldering an AR 15 style weapon for instance, I have pondered the thought of a bullpup, so naturally I reached up and grabbed the stock of the weapon and simulated a mag change much to the bewilderment of the weapon owner.

My conclusion?...

Magazine is in the wrong place, I don't know, I just prefer the feeling of a traditional layout.

Hence my fantasy before I die about going through the mountains of guvment paper work and getting approved to own an FAL style rifile.

. What is your opinion of the best bullpup out there?

In all honesty Ghostrider calling anything the best bullpup is a misnomer. The magazine is in the wrong place, in most cases it cannot be fired off the weak shoulder around cover, try that with an SA80 and you'll lose your teeth. Ask yourself why the SAS won't have anything to do with it.

I agree with Yossarian, the traditional layout is far superior.

Meaning, in order to substain the same amount of fire for the same amount of time in the field,if only using a standard issued number of magizines then even though the Soviet soldier with the three barelled weapon fires 3 rounds to every 1 of the AKM equiped soldier...

i'm drunk and in Las Vegas.... let me sober up next week and I shall go after this question. :horsie:

In all honesty Ghostrider calling anything the best bullpup is a misnomer. The magazine is in the wrong place, in most cases it cannot be fired off the weak shoulder around cover, try that with an SA80 and you'll lose your teeth. Ask yourself why the SAS won't have anything to do with it.

You haven't played with a FN P90 or FN PS90 then... magazine is in the right place and the spent shells are ejected downwards! Awesome!

About the only other thing might be a special mission like attacking a densly populated target like a Barracks/parade ground full of troops vs a general issue situation.

That says more about the SA80 and nothing about the other bullpup designed weapons, I should prefer a classical designed rifle but I am always open for suggestions

I believe that the gun in question was created by Ivan and Vasily sitting around the table at the ordnance department after hours drinking a metric ton of vodka and it went something like this....

Ivan: I have an idea!
Vasily: What is it?
Ivan: I'm going to get three rifles and tape them together.
Vasily: No... that won't work. Let's weld them together.
Pink Elephant: Yes, that shall work and we will crush to corrupt capitalistic western pig dogs! All hail the revolution!
KGB Agent: Yes, smart idea comrades.... what a shame you shall not tell anyone outside of a Gulag.

I believe that the gun in question was created by Ivan and Vasily sitting around the table at the ordnance department after hours drinking a metric ton of vodka and it went something like this....

Pink Elephant: Yes, that shall work and we will crush to corrupt capitalistic western pig dogs! All hail the revolution!
KGB Agent: Yes, smart idea comrades.... what a shame you shall not tell anyone outside of a Gulag.
Or the guys @ Red Jacket!;)

So you might get some ideas meanwhile you are in Las Vegas?

You haven't played with a FN P90 or FN PS90 then... magazine is in the right place and the spent shells are ejected downwards! Awesome!

They look like something out of Star Wars. Maybe I'm a traditionalist, I prefer the old standard layout. One thing about the L1A1, if you ran out of rounds you could always beat someone to death with it.

So you might get some ideas meanwhile you are in Las Vegas?

Oh.... I'm sitting at the airport with $0.67 in my pocket and a wonderful gal on my arms. As for new ideas.... I had many due to alcoholism; then I discovered that they were already made. Yeah.... who would have thought that the idea of a self contained metallic cartridge has already been invented. :drink:

Actually the one idea I have isn't more of radical designs. It's simply combinations of different platforms and calibers.

A Sig P210 (current production target model) in 10mm Auto, a Ruger PCx Series Carbine using GLOCK magazines, or my ever favorite useless design.....

A Rhino Revolver in 10mm/.40 S&W.

Oh.... I'm sitting at the airport with $0.67 in my pocket and a wonderful gal on my arms. As for new ideas.... I had many due to alcoholism; then I discovered that they were already made. Yeah.... who would have thought that the idea of a self contained metallic cartridge has already been invented. :drink:

Actually the one idea I have isn't more of radical designs. It's simply combinations of different platforms and calibers.

A Sig P210 (current production target model) in 10mm Auto, a Ruger PCx Series Carbine using GLOCK magazines, or my ever favorite useless design.....

You see! Alcohol makes us creative, at least for a moment. The ideas you have seem to interesting. Can you post pictures of your addi....collection

I wonder what would happen if someone let you run rampant in a smithing machine shop? Hehe

Back