Buffalo hunter

F-102

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this patch. It is from a friend who said he got it from an EOD tech that was in Vietnam from 1969-71. Since I am new and cannot post attachments, let me describe the patch:
4" tall, looks to be Thai made, top tab reads "Buffalo Hunter", bottom tab reads: "100th SRW OL-RC,RE". There will be a pic on my webpage at:
strategicaircommand.weebly.com
(SAC in cloth, drop down menu, misc.)
Thank you in advance.

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this patch. It is from a friend who said he got it from an EOD tech that was in Vietnam from 1969-71. Since I am new and cannot post attachments, let me describe the patch:
4" tall, looks to be Thai made, top tab reads "Buffalo Hunter", bottom tab reads: "100th SRW OL-RC,RE". There will be a pic on my webpage at:
strategicaircommand.weebly.com
(SAC in cloth, drop down menu, misc.)
Thank you in advance.

In 1966 the 4080th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing was renumbered the 100th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing as the 10 year limit for 4 digit Wing numbers was up. The 100th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing continued to serve in Vietnam before it's asset were absorbed into the 9th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing at Beale Air Force Base in 1976.

The 100th SRW ,349th and 350th SRS Wing / Squadron numbers were then assigned to the KC-135 Tanker Wing and two Squadron units at Beale.

The 100th SRW performed world wide surveillance mission like the monitoring of the ceasefire between the Israelis/ Egyptians following the 1973 war. This was operated from RAF Akrotria in Cyprus and was named operation OLIVE HARVEST - Operating Location OL-OH

Back