British SF killed American PMC ?

42RM

Banned
Was told a story yesterday from a guy I know pretty well. He told me that British SF CP members at some time in Iraq had killed an American PMC while they were on a VIP mission.

The Americans had apparently very rapidly approached the British vehicle without keeping the distance which was signaled to them, after which the British opened fire and killed the driver in the U.S. vehicle that came from behind at high speed.

Has some heard this story before? And is it true?
He usually have a very good insider knowledge but can´t confirm the story.

Two very good friends of mine were on VIP protection duties in Iraq working for a private American company. One was the tail gunner in a Ford Expedition in any VIP convoy's, neither chap has mentioned this incident to me. That's not to say it didn't happen but from what I understand, they do have very strict ROE's. He did mention that if a vehicle driver behind ignored his warnings and got too close, he would fire a warning burst into the vehicle radiator.

Last edited:
What surprised me is that I can´t find any info if this has happened.
But just how much VIP was the VIP? This may explain why "it never happened"

What surprised me is that I can´t find any info if this has happened.
But just how much VIP was the VIP? This may explain why "it never happened"

For all intents and purposes according to my buddies regarding their VIP's, "They were never there!"

I know of several incidents in my Regiment that have happened and we are not expected to talk about them. there was an incident while I was in which caused the CO to be removed and when I mentioned on a web site I had a Major General on to me saying that I was letting the side down and must not talk about it. I have spoken to the curator of our museum and he has also been told that this matter must not be raised if he wishes to keep his job.
In December last year the Para's raided successfully a Taliban stronghold yet all the information on this action is being purged from the web, due to the change in tactics.

42RM, the incident you describe sounds very much like a scene from a movie I watched late last year. I can't recall specifically but I believe it was "Men Who Stare At Goats".
I'm wondering if it's portrayal in a movie could be the cause of these stories or if the story itself "made it to Hollywood" so to speak?

As others have mentioned, there's certainly a lot of incidents that go unreported to the wider world for various reasons. Maybe the info will come out in another 10 years, well after the war is over sort of thing?

I'm always wary of stories involving VIPs or others allegedly involved in "hush hush" business.

It's a great way to tell a story and not have to be too specific as to details.

Back