Britain could support Palestinian U.N. upgrade bid

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said on Wednesday it would support a Palestinian bid for a diplomatic upgrade at the United Nations if it were assured that the Palestinians would return to peace talks and would not pursue Israel through the International Criminal Court. The United Nations is due to hold a vote on Thursday on an upgrade of Palestinian status at the 193-member body to observer state from observer entity. Acceptance of the Palestinians as a non-member state, similar to the Vatican's U.N. status, would implicitly recognize Palestinian statehood. ...

More...

Well this going to be interesting.

As for the British idea that they will support something as long as the Palestinians promise not to use the judicial system available to them is a complete joke.

A great example of the type of deliberately unjust thinking that was responsible for this whole mess in the first place.

More fuel on the fire.

Agreed, I think if Western nations genuinely wanted Palestinians back at the negotiating table they have to find a way to stop settlement expansions, to argue that it must be unconditional is idiotic as by the time Israel agrees to anything the Palestinians wont have any land to negotiate for (which I suspect is the Israeli plan) what this reminds me a lot of is the European expansion in America once the west opened up.

The Indians got "homelands" until someone decided they needed it (re Gold, Rail or Ranching) and then they were shifted to some other barren worthless bit of sand.

Back