Boot camp

Yet my socks probably have more combat time than you do. Have fun with your 6 month deployments... whats that, like 5 months of actual work?... Oh wait... you guys take leave too.. 4 months of actual work. YUT YUT!

Edit: NOW its hammer time! :)

I think you need to think very carefully about how you conduct yourself on here. Marginalizing peoples service is no way to prove a point. Most of the people in here have a lot more TIS than you and yes, a lot more time down range. Get off your pitty potty and crusade on how good you think you are. Deployments suck all the way around, doesn't matter how you slice it...and think about this, when the wars are over and the Army isn't deploying, the average Marine Grunt will still deploy 2-3 times in an average 4 year enlistment. Not the case in the Army. Ask yourself why oyu joined this forum, to learn and share experience, or to flood everyone with your "whoa me" attitude. Every one of the vets in this forum has paid their dues in one way or another. You should know that soldiers/ Marines/ sailors/ airman have no say over their optempo or deployment schedule. So let it go and make a decision on whether you're going to affect the site, or infect it.

I doubt they have more time down range when compared to the amount of time we've been in the service.... I've spent more time deployed than I have in America since joining. And as far as Marines "deploying" when the wars are over... lol... Going to Japan or riding on a ship is NOT a deployment despite what you Navy boys may think. If thats the case then the Airforce does a crapton of "deployments"... Deploying all over Italy and France... must be nice.

3 years TIS and more combat experience than experienced veterans. You are a clown.
Greenlantern is a fantasy figure - and so are you!

I doubt they have more time down range when compared to the amount of time we've been in the service.... I've spent more time deployed than I have in America since joining. And as far as Marines "deploying" when the wars are over... lol... Going to Japan or riding on a ship is NOT a deployment despite what you Navy boys may think. If thats the case then the Airforce does a crapton of "deployments"... Deploying all over Italy and France... must be nice.

Time down range is relative. There's plenty of Fobbits that spend 15 months down range in the Army, never leaving the wire or risking much of anything. Then there is 1/5, a Marine reginment that spent 8 months with us in 04, participating in both the big Fallujah fights. You're talking semantics, and are trying to justify a way to look down your nose at the other services. All pay their dues in one way or another. My first three years in service I had 21 months in the desert. That's just the way it is. I don't think I've done any more or any less than anyone else. You have a lot to learn about soldiering. You signed up in the Army, knowing a deployment would be at least a year. Now you want to hold it over everyones head that you have a little salt behind the ears. So what. We all have salt on our shoulders. I would venture to say that a lot of us who deployed earlier could teach you a lot about combat operations. All the new TTPs and new cool guy gadgets that you have used in your deployments were developed because of the blood that guys like me and others on this forum spilled learning how to fight this insurgency. So think twice about coming in here with an axe to grind. The deployments these days in the war are a lot softer than they used to be. Get off your high horse and learn some humility. Amateurs keep vendettas, professionals learn from anything they can. Keep that in mind JR.

Most of the best and most professional soldiers, Marines etc. I have met don't talk like greenlantern11b. They all have respect for everyone's hardships, experiences and sacrifices. It's usually the tools who fall out of hikes that act like they're all that. Or people who haven't had it hard enough to respect other people who have experienced very rough times.
The joke's on him.

Yet my socks probably have more combat time than you do. Have fun with your 6 month deployments... whats that, like 5 months of actual work?... Oh wait... you guys take leave too.. 4 months of actual work. YUT YUT!

Edit: NOW its hammer time! :)

Yeah you apparently don't know my service record or what branch I did my last tour with or what branch tape I now wear.

So no not hammer time skippy.

It'd be obvious if it was you I were talking to.

You can talk **** to me, like you think you know me and what I have or haven't done, I care less. You will however use proper decorum with other members. Especially serving officers. Tracking? Better be.

I've alreadytold you some of the facts... Tell me something i've lied about and i'd be more than happy to admit I was lying. But if everything I said holds up with a little bit of research, then I don't see how you can call me a troll. Dessert for thought.

I've alreadytold you some of the facts... Tell me something i've lied about and i'd be more than happy to admit I was lying. But if everything I said holds up with a little bit of research, then I don't see how you can call me a troll. Dessert for thought.

Have you ever served in the Marine Corps?

Have you ever served operationally with the Marines?

Have you even served along side them?

Here's the deal. REAL veterans know better than to get in b******t arguments about "when I was in we ate cockroaches"...You know why? Because that Army grunt on the ground and that Marine grunt on the ground...they have the same reality. They are both miserable, tired, hot/cold, pissed off at higher, sleep deprived, getting shot at, and required to do too much, too soon, with too little. Guess what? Those grunts are still the best human beings in the world because they still move out and draw fire. You're comparing apples and oranges. I get it...you're a young piss and vinegar buck SGT with some combat experience and you can whip the world. That's great for killing the enemy. But don't turn that b******t on those serving along side you. Many of us in here I am SURE have been through a helluva lot more, and you don't see us parading around pissing contests about who's who's and what's what's. Children do that. Are you a child? Or are you a soldier? A professional? Instead of focusing so much on bitching about the other services, channel that energy into being a better TL. Pick guys brains here who have been TLs or Squad leaders before. There's plenty to offer. Believe it or not, you don't know everything, and just because you are infantry and have been in a combat zone, it does not entitle you to be an ass. It's up to you...

Have you ever served in the Marine Corps?

Have you ever served operationally with the Marines?

Have you even served along side them?

Here's the deal. REAL veterans know better than to get in b******t arguments about "when I was in we ate cockroaches"...You know why? Because that Army grunt on the ground and that Marine grunt on the ground...they have the same reality. They are both miserable, tired, hot/cold, pissed off at higher, sleep deprived, getting shot at, and required to do too much, too soon, with too little. Guess what? Those grunts are still the best human beings in the world because they still move out and draw fire. You're comparing apples and oranges. I get it...you're a young piss and vinegar buck SGT with some combat experience and you can whip the world. That's great for killing the enemy. But don't turn that b******t on those serving along side you. Many of us in here I am SURE have been through a helluva lot more, and you don't see us parading around pissing contests about who's who's and what's what's. Children do that. Are you a child? Or are you a soldier? A professional? Instead of focusing so much on bitching about the other services, channel that energy into being a better TL. Pick guys brains here who have been TLs or Squad leaders before. There's plenty to offer. Believe it or not, you don't know everything, and just because you are infantry and have been in a combat zone, it does not entitle you to be an ass. It's up to you...

I think i'm entitled to comment. They may do the same mission, but the Army does it for twice, sometimes 3x as long. And i went on a mission to Parun with some Marines once upon a time. Other than that i've only seen them during on Hawaii and when we were leaving Iraq they seemed to be invading summerall... couldnt've been taken control cause 1ID replaced us.

Last edited:
Wow. Let's all just argue about how salty we are.
I remember MY first deployment...

Last edited:
Not sure I understand what you mean? You have entered into a pissing competition here, without looking how far others can piss. You think because have done a couple of deployments no one else matches you. You need to understand there is a lot of experience on this forum, from WW2 all the way to current conflicts, many career soldiers who have done more deployments than years you have been alive. Take a step back.

Back