Books and Movies

Russia's War "Eposode 10"

A 10 part documentary called Russia's War has an episode called the "The War Within". Amongst other things it details the Genocidal madness of what happened behind the lines in the occupied Soviet Union against the Jews and against the Slavs.
I'm not going to go into all the horrors shown and described in the seemingly accurate documentary, but it was enough to bring me to tears.

JOC- They say Stalin killed 25-55 million of his own countrymen. About egual to MAO, also about equal to the 55 million babies that have been murdered in the U.S. since 1971.

Korean War movies - " The Steel Helmet - 1954" and 'Men in War - 1957", two movies so realistic they are scary. Both were made without any assistance for the U.S. Department of Defense because it was felt that they would hurt recruiting. Both films show that war is no fun ( or glory). Who knew?

JOC- They say Stalin killed 25-55 million of his own countrymen. About egual to MAO, also about equal to the 55 million babies that have been murdered in the U.S. since 1971.

I've studied the statics presented by scholars particularly of the Russia - former USSR republics concerning Both Stalin and Hitler.

Hitler certainly killed people quicker than anybody else in history. With > 25 million people killed - died directly as a result of Nazi policies in < 5 years. "Note: some scholars claim the Nazi's killed considerable more civilians in the USSR than is accounted for here." Starting with the invasion of Poland 9-39 to 5-45. Some 10's of thousands were murdered before 9-39 by the Nazi's. This doesn't include the > 10 million civilians that died as a result of shelling, bombing, food shortages, etc. in WW2.

It's been debated that Stalin may have been actually been a bigger murdered than Hitler. He murderous career lasted 27 years. Various scholars claim that (20 to 40) million people in the USSR were either killed directly or died as a result of Stalin's policies.

Mao Zedong's push towards industrialization, cultural revolution, killings in Tibet, Purges resulted in the deaths of as many as 40 million in a 28 year reign of terror.

In reality due to the state of data concerning these deaths from the former USSR and China we may never know who the was the most evil tyrant of modern times.

Its hard to when we speak about these giant numbers (25 or 40) million that each one of these people was a simple noncombatant caught up in a terrible series of events.

Just responding to the post. However it interesting to note that very few documentaries accurately cover the Nazi crimes in the east perpetrated primarily against the Slavs. I believe it is important to point out this fact, since in the US many white supremacist groups idolize Hitler not knowing he was hell bent on destruction of many non-Jewish white peoples.

Last edited:
I think it's important that we remember that histories 3 biggest murderers all committed their evil deeds in the 20th century not so long ago.

I'm restating how most-many books and documentaries tend to skip-skirt over Hitler crimes in the east against the Slavs. More Ukrainians were killed than Jewish peoples "not to minimize the holocaust".
It's important to point out this fact, since in the US has many white supremacist groups that idolize Hitler, not knowing he was hell bent on destruction of many non-Jewish white peoples.
Unlike Stalin and Mao the Hitler legacy seems to still have many twisted devotes, who are in many ways ignorant of the man they worship. I don't know if this issue exist elsewhere (outside the US).

I think it's important that we remember that histories 3 biggest murderers all committed their evil deeds in the 20th century not so long ago.

I'm restating how most-many books and documentaries tend to skip-skirt over Hitler crimes in the east against the Slavs. More Ukrainians were killed than Jewish peoples "not to minimize the holocaust".
It's important to point out this fact, since in the US has many white supremacist groups that idolize Hitler, not knowing he was hell bent on destruction of many non-Jewish white peoples.
Unlike Stalin and Mao the Hitler legacy seems to still have many twisted devotes, who are in many ways ignorant of the man they worship. I don't know if this issue exist elsewhere (outside the US).

Sweden has their share of extremists, there are both right wing and left wing extremists here. I assume they have the same weak perception of AH as you described it

I am reading, or actually re-reading "Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sager. Sager was an Alsation, with a French father and German mother drafted into the German Army in approximately 1941-42. He served on the Eastern front, first as a truck driver, later as a rifleman in the Gross Deutschland Division in the combat from 1943 to the end of the war. His division was part of German Army Group Center that was destroyed in a massive Soviet offensive in June 1944, ( Operation Bagration).His division could only muster about 4000 men after this catastrophe, meaning that about three out of four men were killed, wounded, captured, missing. His description of the suffering by both sides makes this book a classic.

I am reading, or actually re-reading "Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sager. Sager was an Alsation, with a French father and German mother drafted into the German Army in approximately 1941-42. He served on the Eastern front, first as a truck driver, later as a rifleman in the Gross Deutschland Division in the combat from 1943 to the end of the war. His division was part of German Army Group Center that was destroyed in a massive Soviet offensive in June 1944, ( Operation Bagration).His division could only muster about 4000 men after this catastrophe, meaning that about three out of four men were killed, wounded, captured, missing. His description of the suffering by both sides makes this book a classic.

Thank you. I will check that one out. It sounds very interesting.

Back