Bombs Away

tetvet

Banned
Lot of talk of Air Strikes in the middle east and anyone who lacks any kind of Military Experience would say this is a quick fix , but its not a fix at all , Tactical air strikes work when used in close support of ground troops , strategic air strikes work when there is something strategic to bomb , and outside of Bagdad there is nothing strategic to bomb . Obama has painted himself into a corner with ISIS , HE will have to put boots on the ground which the American people will not support , or he can continue to draw lines until his term is up , thank goodness only two more years , praise Allah or anyone .:biggun:

Have you been deployed and do you want to go? (if currently in military)

Last edited:
I would imagine by his screen name he's a veteran of the Tet offensive of 1968 in Vietnam. My dad is a Vietnam vet and when I hear him say he's glad he missed Tet (even after almost a year in 1st BN 9th Marines in 67) you know it was bad....

As far as I'm concerned regarding ISIS...we need to kill them and we need to kill them now. I would go back in a heartbeat to finish the job. They're in the open and they're standing and fighting....which just so happens to be a US specialty.

Last edited:
Yes I was deployed a long time ago , Vietnam '67-68 a huey door gunner flying out of Cu Chi . When it comes to air strikes the rules today are about the same as then , you can air strike yourself into bankruptcy and still not achieve your agenda , those good people in the middle east don't seem to have a concern about dying , personally I think we need to take care of the issues at home that being our first priority then other issues , right now we're fighting a war on two fronts and losing both .

I´m rather certain that others will provide the ground forces.. There´s absolutely no lack of soldiers and different militias in the area as we all know.

Yes the Kurds are willing to have a go at it they just need the proper arms and equipment and ect , but as any General can tell you controlling troops from another allegiance can be difficult , the Kurds for now seem to be the best bet .

Lot of talk of Air Strikes in the middle east and anyone who lacks any kind of Military Experience would say this is a quick fix , but its not a fix at all , Tactical air strikes work when used in close support of ground troops , strategic air strikes work when there is something strategic to bomb , and outside of Bagdad there is nothing strategic to bomb . Obama has painted himself into a corner with ISIS , HE will have to put boots on the ground which the American people will not support , or he can continue to draw lines until his term is up , thank goodness only two more years , praise Allah or anyone .:biggun:

I agree mostly with your comments but as much as I don't really think a lot of Obama (I think he has been completely ineffective) at least he hasn't been out there holding photo ops with raving lunatics like Mohammad Nour, for all Obamas bad points it would appear that had McCain been elected the USA would be flying its missions in support of ISIS.

McCain was a no nonsense, highly decorated war hero. He would not support these murderous thugs. Obama is an appeaser trying to play all sides rather than call a spade a spade. It took extreme action for him to even initiate very limited bombing. I'm not sure massive bombing couldn't at least damage ISIS. We could home in on their vehicles and heavy weapons quite accurately, at least weakening them. Although nothing takes the place of troops on the ground.

McCain was a no nonsense, highly decorated war hero. He would not support these murderous thugs. Obama is an appeaser trying to play all sides rather than call a spade a spade. It took extreme action for him to even initiate very limited bombing. I'm not sure massive bombing couldn't at least damage ISIS. We could home in on their vehicles and heavy weapons quite accurately, at least weakening them. Although nothing takes the place of troops on the ground.

McCain has become a raving neo-conservative lunatic who really should retire, I supported his 2000 and 2008 campaigns because I had met him on numerous occasions (he is friends with the wifes family) and liked him but currently I would rate him as little more than a menace to world peace.

There is a point in everyone's career where you have the choice to go out on top of your game or hang around and become the sad angry old man and unfortunately he has reached that point.

As for ISIS I think I have made my opinion clear on them I agree with brinktk's post wholeheartedly they just need to be destroyed.

McCain has become a raving neo-conservative lunatic who really should retire, I supported his 2000 and 2008 campaigns because I had met him on numerous occasions (he is friends with the wifes family) and liked him but currently I would rate him as little more than a menace to world peace.

There is a point in everyone's career where you have the choice to go out on top of your game or hang around and become the sad angry old man and unfortunately he has reached that point.

As for ISIS I think I have made my opinion clear on them I agree with brinktk's post wholeheartedly they just need to be destroyed.

Has your memory lapsed. How many times have we agreed on that point. look at the last comments on the tread ISIS Threatens to Invade Jordan, 'Slaughter' King Abdullah Practically McCain is past his prime but he would never have sided with ISIS.

Thank you for your service. I understand why you're reluctant to get involved with another country, especially from the radical religious fanatics who don't care how they live or when they leave the world, as long as someone else is being punished for their beliefs.

It's very hard for me to watch the news and see what's happening, how they're beheading our citizens and now I watch on the news that they're beheading children also.

I can't help but think about the families of the men who were beheaded and then flaunted for them to suffer the pain of losing their own blood this way. I can't imagine what this would feel like. It's beyond my imagination. We have the capacity to help and as long as there are sick bullies like this in the world, and murdering our own this way? ... yes, I feel the United States has an obligation to do something about it.

This world is really going down the shithole and so many decent citizens are watching this sickness happening on the internet and they're taking this opportunity to flaunt it and all the while enjoying it.

If I could join the military today, I would be happy to kill them.

I'm just sorry that we can't make sure that each one suffers before they do leave this world.

And they will...

Last edited:
IS

Hi Sara,
I don't know that we have to reduce our selves to their level they have also crucified quite a few. However they will not understand appeasement or abide by treaties. The worse part is the poor average family -people that falls under their umbrella that really just wants to make a living and now their stuck with these scum in charge. Unfortunately ISIS will not understand anything but a well placed bullet, bomb or shell.
You got good spirit. Freedom is not free and I am grateful for my brother who served in Iraq "as a medic" as well as brinkth. As well as all US and Allied veterans that served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea and WW2.
We have rarely been beaten on the battlefield only in the political maneuvering.

Because the world has been paralyzed by inaction in dealing with these radicals they have an unwarranted sense of security. That needs to go away. I don't want them to suffer, I'm not about that. I do want them to fear though. I want them to know they are being hunted. I want them to wonder if they will wake up or not when they sleep. I want them to see their pipe dream of an Islamic state crushed under the JDAMs, treads, and boots of the people they intend to persecute. I want them and the world to witness what happens when a group does what IS chose to do....destruction.

Send me...please send me. It needs to be done.

McCain was the best thing to happen to Obama , Obama couldn't have asked for a better opponent . Obama does not want this Country involved in another war in any fashion because he wouldn't have the backing of the people .

Because the world has been paralyzed by inaction in dealing with these radicals they have an unwarranted sense of security. That needs to go away. I don't want them to suffer, I'm not about that. I do want them to fear though. I want them to know they are being hunted. I want them to wonder if they will wake up or not when they sleep. I want them to see their pipe dream of an Islamic state crushed under the JDAMs, treads, and boots of the people they intend to persecute. I want them and the world to witness what happens when a group does what IS chose to do....destruction.

Send me...please send me. It needs to be done.
Amen bro

And if it was up to me, the Danes would be right by your side.

McCain was the best thing to happen to Obama , Obama couldn't have asked for a better opponent . Obama does not want this Country involved in another war in any fashion because he wouldn't have the backing of the people .

But isn't that a good thing?
The whole thing about Democracy is that it is determined by the will of the people.

War weariness is now endemic through out the west thanks to the Bush-Cheney crusade and it is that weariness leading the inactivity against IS.

After the 9/11 disaster the American people couldn't wait to go after the culprits , Bush gave the people what the people wanted , what should have taken 10 weeks took 10 years and solved nothing , Islam is a culture with a agenda and you fellow Americans are the agenda , convert or die .

After the 9/11 disaster the American people couldn't wait to go after the culprits , Bush gave the people what the people wanted , what should have taken 10 weeks took 10 years and solved nothing , Islam is a culture with a agenda and you fellow Americans are the agenda , convert or die .

Except that Bush went after the wrong people once the decision to invade Iraq was made.

Now we are left with the effects of foreign policy dictated by politics as opposed to good sense. Our bad policy, whether we want to admit or not, is responsible for some of the rise of the Islamist. Now we are at a point where we MUST act and act in a way where we have to walk the finest of lines...this isn't a matter of bombing "them" into oblivion. It's going to take a huge amount of finesse in military operations as well as statesmanship and diplomacy on our part with a LOT of luck for it all to come together. Even then it can't be achieved over the course of "10 weeks" and likely not over in even 10 years.

We need to make sure we start taking the moral high ground and living by it in order to defeat these radicals...any grey area they can exploit is only going to fill their ranks. What this will do is give the moderate and secular Muslims no excuse to police up their crazies and give us the ability to garner the necessary support if we need to go and crush a few them...otherwise we will be pizzing in the wind for a century with this madness...

I compare 10 weeks of utter destruction in Iraq to an eye for an eye for the twin towers , the message being you hurt me I'll hurt you 10 fold , if anyone has a better option / solution in dealing with people that hate you with their very being I say good luck .

I compare 10 weeks of utter destruction in Iraq to an eye for an eye for the twin towers , the message being you hurt me I'll hurt you 10 fold , if anyone has a better option / solution in dealing with people that hate you with their very being I say good luck .

Iraq wasn't responsible for the twin towers...

Back