Blackwater guard screamed 'stop shooting'

It's hard for westerners to understand how middle-easterners behave.... Thats why I am skeptical of all these reports coming out of Iraq about these contractor shooting civilians on purpose. It's easy for some people in the middle-east to lie or falsify stories. It's a social habit!

Is it hard for you to believe the film clips of it?

Phoenix80, you never cease to maze me, had I have said that about your attempted cover ups concerning mercenaries employed in Iraq, you would have reported me for racial vilification or whatever.

The whole matter is not whether some person considers them to be Mercenaries, contractors or a beneficial branch of the Salvation Army. That is merely a personal opinion, what actually counts, is do they fit the model as described in the English language dictionaries. This is from Noah Webster's Dictionary.

MER'CENARY, a. [L. mercenarius, from merces, reward, wages, mercor, to guy.]
1. Venal; that may be hired; actuated by the hope of reward; moved by the love of money; as a mercenary prince or judge.
2. Hired; purchased by money; as mercenary services; mercenary soldiers.
3. Sold for money; as mercenary blood.
4. Greedy of gain; mean; selfish; as a mercenary disposition.
5. Contracted from motives of gain; as a mercenary marriage.
MER'CENARY
, n. One who is hired; a soldier that is hired into foreign service; a hireling.

That is the long and the short of it, no amount of Middle eastern (by your own admission) behaviour can make it any other way.

Your "social habit" (as you describe it) is kicking in again Phoenix80.

Failure to recognise the truth does not change the facts, it merely highlights the very problem that you posted about in Post 37.

I would never have said on this forum that persons of Middle eastern extraction have a habit of lying, they are your very own words. Now they have turned and bitten you on the rump, as all lies are wont to do.

The mercenaries realise that they are mercenaries, and so does the remainder of the world, it is merely those who do not have the moral responsibility to face up to the fact, that try to hide it. Why,..... because they know that it is frowned upon by the civilised world.

Your "social habit" (as you describe it) is kicking in again Phoenix80.

Failure to recognise the truth does not change the facts, it merely highlights the very problem that you posted about in Post 37.

I would never have said on this forum that persons of Middle eastern extraction have a habit of lying, they are your very own words. Now they have turned and bitten you on the rump, as all lies are wont to do.

The mercenaries realise that they are mercenaries, and so does the remainder of the world, it is merely those who do not have the moral responsibility to face up to the fact, that try to hide it. Why,..... because they know that it is frowned upon by the civilised world.

Are you implying that I'm lying? And if yes, where and what I lied about?

contractors aren't mercenaries for a start

man that racist quote is going to come back and bite you BIG TIME

contractors aren't mercenaries for a start

man that racist quote is going to come back and bite you BIG TIME

I dont see any racism by stating facts. Afterall, I have lived in the middle-east for 23 yrs (UAE and Iran) and am of the Iranian heritage. You may want to check the word "Taghiyah" - Taqiah... depends how you pronounce it.

تقیه
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/004628.php

It's a form of lying permitted by religious authorities. Most shiites exercise it as a part of their religious duties.

Last edited:
About mercenaries not being mercenaries. I have provided acceptable English (Oxford) and American (Webster's) dictionary definitions of the word "mercenary" , I have shown that the persons being discussed fit the definition perfectly, I also know several mercenaries, I know how they view themselves, but still you deny the truth.

It was not I, but you,... yes you, who made made the statement in post 37 about lying being a middle eastern trait, or as you so delicately phrased it "a social habit". I would never have been game to be so blatantly racist.

When one states that a proven fact is not in fact true, that statement is a lie.

forget the dictionary! They r not mercenaries... period.
How stupid. What do you use to find the true meaning of a word?

About mercenaries not being mercenaries. I have provided acceptable English (Oxford) and American (Webster's) dictionary definitions of the word "mercenary" , I have shown that the persons being discussed fit the definition perfectly, I also know several mercenaries, I know how they view themselves, but still you deny the truth.

It was not I, but you,... yes you, who made made the statement in post 37 about lying being a middle eastern trait, or as you so delicately phrased it "a social habit". I would never have been game to be so blatantly racist.

When one states that a proven fact is not in fact true, that statement is a lie.

How stupid. What do you use to find the meaning of a word?

Dictionary can be used for variety of reasons: When you dont know the meaning of a word/phrase. Probably only stupid people use dictionary to look up words they already know their meanings. :wink:

Yeah, it is politically incorrect to say those stuff in your leftist world but I am not a PC person. And I dont think I said any thing racist. Many/Some people in the middle-east lie becuz they feel they have to. Check the links I provided like this one where you can see what I mean:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/004628.php

Probably you've never heard about it and therefore you find it offensive. It can be racist if I am just stereotyping which I am not. any smart person can see what I said.

Last edited:
Well I'm afraid you'll learn that lying is not socially acceptable in Western society, and it is not viewed favourably when you do it to try justify bad behaviour, or merely to try and win a losing argument.

Here, in our society, it is intelligent persons who use the dictionary rather than make fools of themselves by making inaccurate statements. It is the fool, who thinks he knows better than the dictionary. You don't believe a dictionary but you will slavishly believe and quote material found in blogs,.... go figure.

Well I'm afraid you'll learn that lying is not socially acceptable in Western society, and it is not viewed favourably when you do it to try justify bad behaviour, or merely to try and win a losing argument.

Here, in our society, it is intelligent persons who use the dictionary rather than make fools of themselves by making inaccurate statements. It is the fool, who thinks he knows better than the dictionary. You don't believe a dictionary but you will slavishly believe and quote material found in blogs,.... go figure.

How hard is it for you to understand that I am not lying. When did I lie? I think you're accusing me of something I havent done. Thats not really a good thing. I hope you realize what you are doing: Accussing me of lying...

I am just explaining to you what people do in the middle-east. Moreover, I was raised in a very westernized family and environment so don't lecture me on how things are here.

Like I have said all the time, there is an ignore button somewhere I'll be glad if you click on.

Btw, I find it extremely troubling that you guys think you're entitled to accuse bunch of contractors of things you probably know nothing about. They're innocent until proven guilty. More power to them for protecting lives out there. I appreciate their work even I don't know them. They save lives....

Last edited:
I am just explaining to you what people do in the middle-east. Moreover, I was raised in a very westernized family and environment so don't lecture me on how things are here.

You haven't learnt much about our society then have you. I know nothing of Iranian society and habits, I'm just going on what you have said.

Here, denying the truth is called lying, I don't care what you call it in Iraq. Try it on any judge in a court of law, and you'll find that I'm right.

Btw, I find it extremely troubling that you guys think you're entitled to accuse bunch of contractors of things you probably know nothing about. They're innocent until proven guilty. More power to them for protecting lives out there. I appreciate their work even I don't know them. They save lives....

...and they take the lives of innocent civilians. they're cowboys doing a SOLDIERS work. you want to appreciate someone, appreciate the REAL soldiers, doing the REAL work for less than half the money these "contractors" get for riding round shooting at civvies while listening to elvis on the stereo

merc fun

as i have said before....if they want to be patriots and serve their country, they should join the military, not some private army made up of washouts, cowboys and money hungry actions junkies

Btw, I find it extremely troubling that you guys think you're entitled to accuse bunch of contractors of things you probably know nothing about.
This quote once again highlights your complete inability to get the slightest grasp on the subject of this thread. You are talking about "Contractors"

"Contractors" are people hired under a "contract" to do jobs like mix and pour cement, clean floors or whatever. Whereas a private citizen who works as a paid soldier is a "Mercenary"

MER'CENARY, n. One who is hired; a soldier that is hired into foreign service; a hireling. (Noah Webster's Dictionary)
They're innocent until proven guilty. More power to them for protecting lives out there. I appreciate their work even I don't know them. They save lives....
This thread, in case you didn't realise it is not about the lives they save. It's about the needless slaughter of innocent civilians (they too are innocent until proven guilty). This is not saving lives, it is murder. Even legitimate soldiers can get thrown into Leavenworth for that.

Back