best way to shine shoes?

I found lighter fluid mixed into shoe paste wax does a wondrous job with application of very cold water and soft cotton cloth. You can get a shine that is as shiny as a mirror.

(or)

You can buy a set of patent leather shoes/boots for inspection purposes and guard mounts.

Kiwi cloth, Kiwi polish and anywhere between 10 to 45 mins of work (depends on how badly scuffed the boots became during the day/week)

babyboy4u363 said:
you mean let lighter fluid soak into the polish
You light the polish ... let it melt ... put out the flame and add lighter fluid ... stir before polish sets ... this will keep the polish very very soft so that it fills every little imperfection in the leather. By using cold water and a cotton cloth, you can get a 'mirror' finish to your boots with the application of a little elbow grease.

mkay, will have to try tht. when you say boots, does that mean yall shine the whole boot? cos with my parade shoes we bull them (tiny circles) and christ on a pair of boots.... take all day!

when i shine my boots i do the whole toe area and the heel. i dont shine the side. what i do wiht hat is i sue the brush to get it to look ok. but i do bull them on the toe section and heel.

It shouldn't take that long to bull them. Mine only take about 45 mins to an hour to shine both boots, all the way around (heel, toe, sides...everything), and about another half an hour of work on my shoes (that's only because they don't have to be THAT shiny)

Wrong

istealfreefood said:
yeah, it would take forever to bull the whole thing.
The first time around it will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour for your boots and about 30 minutes for your shoes.

After that, it will only take about 20-25 minutes after you have filled in all of the pores in the leather on the boots.

It used to take about 10-15 minutes at the most for my low quarters.

The hardest job is getting the polish worked into the leather and smoothed out the first time ... after that ... all you have to do is a touch up.

If you start getting some massive chips falling off, you might either need to throw on a really thick base coat, or strip the entire boot (or at least the part that's falling off).

I put a coat of kiwi parade gloss on the toe and heel of the boot, , go over these parts of the boot with a blowdryer-set on low (this softens the polish) and then let them sit for an hour. Then I get some warm water, a cotton cloth, and then rub in small circles until you get a shine. Once you have polished that part of your boot, get a little bit more parade gloss, apply it to the toe of the boot, and then take your cloth and keep doing the small circles. For the rest of your boot-brush shine, just a simple brush shine.

Im a pro of polishing shoes in my NJROTC class everybody called me the shoe cadet because everybody always wants me to shine their shoes well geuss what I charged everybody who wanted me to polish their shoes $5 for one par of shoes for are big annula JROTC inspection :smile: ,but sence everybody here on the military forums are all good to me Ill share my shoe polishing secret
with everybody here on the military forums for FREE that's right FREE no money nothing just FREE! (By the way I have not yet tryed this process on boots or on coreafamed shoes only try this process on your uniforum inspection shoes only)!
Well lets begen the process shee we? O.k.The things you need to make shine shoes with out useing corafames is you get 1 can of kiwi shoe polish
some alcohol no not the stuff you drink when whatching a foot ball game on tv :roll: I am meanig the alcohol you get to put on your cut ,sraps ect
well any way you get 1 bottle of that stuff remember to get the clear bottle stuff not the brown bottal stuff now you need to get shaving cream
to brak the shoes down that is if your a new cadet in ROTC,I don't think it matters and what kind of brand of shaving cream you get at the store. And finnally you need to get cotten balls at the store and no it does not matter on what kind of brand of cotten balls you get at the store.
Alright you are ready to make shiney shoes! The first thing you need to do is get the front of your shoe wet then you put the shaving cream on the front of the where I told you to get the shoe wet at, now after you have done that you rub in the shaving cream for a min. then you get a old Tshirt that you don't wear no more and make sure it's not too dirty
or that will :cens: up your shoes anyway after you find an old Tshirt all you have to do is rub in circular motion all where every you have shaving cream on your shoesand the dry the shoes off with another old Tshirt,and do the samething with the other shoe. Now if your a new person in the ROTC program and you just got your shoes brand new form the supply officer in your group,some times you need to go thew this process more then once depending on how hard you rub in that shaving cream. Now you have completed part one of the shniey shoe porcess onward to part 2 of shiney shoes! After doing part one you must get out your alcohol and your kiwi shoe polish

Well I did have the whole thing writen down,but Redleg won't let us put to many words down on one post.

Back