best way to shine shoes?

ARMY101 said:
As an addition to the thread, here are my boots :D

Boots.jpg

That's nice. Your are better than mine and Navy boy in honest.

They'd never pass inspection in a unit I have been in... details are everything.

"Nice shot."
"Yeah, thanks"
"Seriously, you loaded the powder and the round and executed everything perfectly."
"Yes, I did didnt I?"
"Too bad the round missed the target by a meter and didn't go down the intake shaft."
"DOH!"

Depends what sort of inspection you're considering. If there is some sort of big inspection coming up (or I even have a chance to polish them in the first place) I'll spend a lot more time than usual.

Also note that the tounge on Canadian Parade Boots is impossible to shine as it bends and breaks down with the constant bending at the ankle. It creases the tounge. Also see that the picture was taken in the shade ;)

Agreed with the Lieutenant. Navy, you don't need to constantly try to get the one-up on someone for how shiny your footwear are.

If there's one thing that anyone doesn't like, it's someone that's always trying show off.

So you will pay attention to details and do your job like your supposed only if you know someone is watching... interesting.

I shine my shoes with a T-shirt taken from a freshman and Lincoln wax, spitshine and little circles.

Last edited:
Back