The best Underdogs in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasn't a big essay that i may have missed some part, you don't need to command me what I need and needn't do....I will still say WTF and even big one this time lol.

no

don't get an attitude with me.....................you don't like what i said don't comment thank you

William Wallace was a Scotsman

He was fiction but the whole thing was filmed in Ireland.

I think it would have to go to Ireland, We battled Normans, English, Famine, imagration for 100s of years and turned out to be one of the wealthiest countries.

who was talking to you ? I wanted other ppl to know what my opinion was on what was said in that line.

don't get an attitude with me.....................you don't like what i said don't comment thank you
would like to say the same to you.

True. But most people are only talking about a short period of time.

I think it would have to go to Ireland, We battled Normans, English, Famine, imagration for 100s of years and turned out to be one of the wealthiest countries.

Why Ethiopia? Refer to history during the Age of Imperialism. I'm not here to spoon-feed you information about the Ethiopia's role in this time period. The research is yours. You suggest.

Xion said:
Wouldn't have been possible without USA supporting Taliban.I wonder if USA ever must have thought that the same ppl whom they are helping would become their worst nightmare.
Actually the CIA knew of the possible backlash by training those people but saw the defeat of the Soviets as more important. Most of the time those guys at Langley know what's going on despite what the leadership (president) says or does.

The greatest underdogs in history IMO, is not even a country, nor did they come close to having the power of a country, but they faced off against the greatest empire of their time.

Unlike countries like Vietnam which had a good amount of population and help from a Superpower, this was just a small group, and most of the time left to fend for themsleves.

The underdogs I'm talking about is a Knightly order, The Knights of the Order of Saint John (Knights Hospitaliers).

Numbering no more than 600 at any given time, three times with the help of a only few thousand militia and soldiers to bolster them, three times they faced of against the full might of the Ottoman Empire to either victory or a stand still, against tens if not hundreds of thounsands of soldiers. Most of the time they had either been written off or abandoned by the rest of Europe.

Theirs is an epic story of how this band of brothers held fast against overwhelming odds fighting one of the great empires in history. Culminating in the siege of Malta (1565), arguably one of the most decisive seiges in history, its loss would have given the Turks control of the Mediterranian.

The war for independence maybe. British vs Ordinary Americans who weren't even trained for battle such as the minutemen

LOL no realy LOL!!

That has to be the best come back ever!!! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thtas why win won 100s of years of occupation, with our pikes and sods of turf on fire on a pik!!

kinda off topic but have u tried Insurrection 1772 for battlefield MOD

LOL its with muskets and stuff and it takes the shortest time loading gun about 5 seconds to reload a 1 bullet shot!! :lol:

so you would rather just stab em ahaha.

Anya1982 said:
03USMC said:
jz said:
Irish.
I like the film "brave heart"

William Wallace was a Scotsman ;)

Wow glad to know your switched on............................william wallace was a cealtic like the irish are....................

Didn't america try and invade afgan like 100 yrs ago and get kicked out in 24hrs?

24hrs?There were 3 Afgan wars involving the British,they all lasted longer than 24hrs.The Anglo-Afghan wars (1839–1842, 1878–1880, and 1919) ended inconclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back