Best tactical SRBM?

Lunatik

MLRS/ATACMS, SCUDs, Iskander, B611, DF-xx, Hyunmoo, Fateh, Prithvi, Shahab...? How do they all compare? What's the best series or has a future? Your thoughts?

1_22_110206_missiles.jpg

:bored:

Weapons

Interesting topic don't know a lot about these weapons overall are these the proper names for them to start to Google them? A few I have heard but some like B611, DF-xx, Hyunmoo, Fateh, Prithvi, I don't.

Could an IR seeker be used to target ships with these types?

Yeah, I thought we'd introduce different short ranged guided or unguided surface-to-surface missiles here and compare their capabilities, ranges, numbers in inventory, etc. Here are a few from Turkey:

B611 Yildirim
j600t3.jpg

WS-1B Kasirga
savunmavestrateji_kasirga_4.jpg

k2.jpg

ATACMS
mlrs3.jpg

MLRS/ATACMS, SCUDs, Iskander, B611, DF-xx, Hyunmoo, Fateh, Prithvi, Shahab...? How do they all compare? What's the best series or has a future? Your thoughts?

Is Shahab a SRBM ? I think it is a MRBM. The Shahab III has about 2,100 km (1,300 mi) range.

But according to Benjamin Netanyahu they have projects about Shahab 5 and 6. They are working to enable these missiles to have 10.000 km's range and that means they may reach the east coast of the USA.

I was merely trying to keep the missiles list longer for the sake of discussion. Let's not get lost in details. :smil:

Back