Which is the best state in the USA, and why?

urban_angel_13 said:
ive never been to the US so from what ive heard probably California

I lived in Southern California for three years in the early `60s and it was like heaven as far as weather, beaches, and sightseeing. Now, I wouldn't live there if I had a choice between there and hell. Crime is high, prices of everything is high, and people live shoulder to shoulder. Every freeway is crowded 24/7.

Not so Northern California. Nice people, almost all agricultural, and not crowded. I was there about 4 months ago and it was great along the beaches.

MightyMacbeth said:
yeah so what about the north east??

I don't know a lot about the Northeast because all I ever did up there was on business trips. From what I saw, early American history is pretty much all over the Northeast states. Very interesting historically but time consuming.

apparently people like to go and watch the leaves in the fall....weird, when the leaves changed color and fell all i could think was " :cen: , now i gotta go rake!" and people are driving by with out of state license plates watching.... :shock:

Utah: Mormon Land, Land of the Latter-day Saints. It's just really a pretty state. I'd just try to stay away from Colorado City, that's where the polygamist still live. I hear it's scary there.
But Utah as a whole is really a pretty state. (Taxes ain't that bad either.)

so! whats the most "ideal" place ?? where everything is great..prices, people, nature, technology, peace, calm, bustling and bussy, weather and all..?? what would it be??

MightyMacbeth said:
so! whats the most "ideal" place ?? where everything is great..prices, people, nature, technology, peace, calm, bustling and bussy, weather and all..?? what would it be??

I'd still say Utah. Salt Lake City is great (to me anyway), lots better than Aurora Colorado.

my dad flew in a KC-135 over oregon once...he brought back some kick-ass pictures..Its a pretty state but I dont know much else about it..

I would have to go with Florida. Beautiful women, great clubs/bars/ect, and who could forget the orange juice ;)

Italian Guy said:
Been there, awesome country. Actually slightly bigger than Kuwait, by the way... 8)

LoooOOoooL ahahahahaaaa!!! was that a joke!? lol , really made me laugh man..slightly bigger huh..yeah and a bit warmer than Italy :)

CIkari17 said:
I would have to go with Florida. Beautiful women, great clubs/bars/ect, and who could forget the orange juice ;)

first two reasons are great but who gives a damn about the orange juice...lol j/k. i love the orange juice. I make my dad stop at the welcome center and get some every time we go down there to go to Disney World.We have been about twice a year. Its gettin kinda old...Same rides...same people...Wanna hear something sad? I know some of the characters by name. Not the Disney name...their real name. Like John as Goofy, he works from 10-7 on Wednesdays...I know...sad right?

I've lived in New Mexico, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. I've been to all the states except Alaska and if you're looking for nature and beautiful people, New Mexico is where you want to be. New Mexico isn't well known, except for all the bad things. It has more suicides, homicides, smoking related deaths, traffic fatalities, teen pregnancies, and sexually transmitted diseases (not to mention low-rider cars) then any other state. Every town is chalk full of wanna-be-tough guys. Man, what a state! However! It is also a land full of incredible views. New Mexico is where all of the movie stars build giant mansions in the middle of the wilderness to escape society, because few photographers have the balls to hike through bear and mountain lion infested woods. Its prime for hunting, however, look out for the lighting storms, they can also be quite dicey. We are also the home of the haunta virus and west nile AND ZERO professional sports teams, BUT, the women are gorgeous.

Back