Who was the best leader of the Soviet Union? - Page 3

Read more about Try Peter the Great even Ivan the Terrible did some good

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

November 14th, 2004   #21
USAFAUX2004

I do not care who do you think it is but it was not stalin. stalin killed 25 million citizens, he made them slaves and made them build cities and die for it. Sure he led them thru the war, but if he had not shot the officers there would be less casualties

--
November 15th, 2004   #22
westwater

Quote:
IMO the best leader for SOVIET UNION was Nikita Khrushchev, he helped the SU through the WW2, and many number of reasons.
i only konw his son Leonid Khrushchev,a legend pilot in WW2

November 19th, 2004   #23
Airborne

I haven't read his biography (anyone in particular), but have read some of his works. The communist keep free libraries on the net, so you can do a internet search and read his few works he produced. Stalin the philosopher... HA.

November 21st, 2004   #24
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill K
IMO the best leader for SOVIET UNION was Nikita Khrushchev, he helped the SU through the WW2, and many number of reasons.
Well, he did save the world from nuclear holocaust, I will give him that.

Please note that 98% of what I say is my opinion and/or my "version" of the facts. Most of what I say is rumor with little to no evidence to back it up, just something I picked up somewhere.

My City

June 17th, 2005   #25
Kool Aid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Well, he did save the world from nuclear holocaust, I will give him that
Pssssh! I saved the world from nuclear holocaust, but you don't see ME bragging about it.

June 17th, 2005   #26
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Wha? what are you on?

June 25th, 2005   #27
Mohmar Deathstrike

Re: Who was the best leader of the Soviet Union? info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Army
In my opinion, the best leader of the Soviet Union is Leonid Brezhnev. His leadership brought world attention with his country's accomplishments in outer space, athletic ability, and military power.

191722 Vladimir Ilich Lenin
192253 Joseph Stalin
195364 Nikita Khrushchev
196482 Leonid Brezhnev
198284 Yuri Andropov
198485 Konstantin Chernenko
198591 Mikhail Gorbachev
I'd say Gorbachev, then Krushchev because only during his term was Soviet space technology more advanced than that of the USA.

July 9th, 2005   #28
WARmachine88

Gorbachev might be the western world's favortie, but lots of russians today are not very fond of him...

they blame him for the chaotic transformation that leads to serious problems still in today's russian society, such as orgnized crime, corruption, poor performance of economy.

July 9th, 2005   #29
Uncle_Sam

Mihail Gorbachov

July 21st, 2005   #30
LeEnfield

Try Peter the Great

Tags
brezhnev, leader, leonid, soviet, union