The Battle Of Long Tan

Skull

One of the most well-known Australian engagements of the Vietnam War was the Battle of Long Tan, 17-20 August 1966. The battle saw the action of 108 ANZACS against a Viet Cong (North Vietnamese) force estimated between 1,500 and 2,500. The Battle was one of the heaviest conflicts of the Vietnam War as well as one the few battles in the recorded history of the world to be won against such odds.

I've always reckoned that the ANZAC's to be among the best troops in the world, their tenacity, courage and skill are legendary. Bloody good fighters (as my uncle Charlie of the LRDG often said).

They are an amazing fighting force and within the year i will be part of the Australian army, i have great respect for all soldiers past and present and i will be proud to serve my country and sorry wat is the LRDG? and did ur uncle serve with ANZAC soldiers?

If you do get into the forces, one thing you might learn, is that we Aussies may have great pride in our forces, but we don't boast about our successes. Boastfulness is left to the insecure.

Just my opinion.

They are an amazing fighting force and within the year i will be part of the Australian army, i have great respect for all soldiers past and present and i will be proud to serve my country and sorry wat is the LRDG? and did ur uncle serve with ANZAC soldiers?

My uncle was British, he served in the Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) in North Africa during WW2 with the 8th Army under Monty. He finally ended up in Austria at wars end. Yes he did fight alongside the ANZACS as well a South Africans, Rhodesians and Indians.

Good luck on your enlistment.

Back