Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones

You asked me, condescendingly, if I was there? (re. Northern Ireland)

quote: ..... "I wasn't there old chap, were you?" You put the question mark and the end of the sentence. I gave you an answer.

You attack people for answering you query.

One more time, I don't disbelieve your accounts of encounters with hypocritical so called "Christians." I dislike them and disgusted by them. Mind you I have caught out anti-Christians lying about Christian hypocricy and or exagerating stories, but I will take your accounts as true.

You have every right to be angry at the nuns.

My point is - or rather to the readership of this thread, as you are blinded by (understandable) hatred and bigotry and there's no use talking reason to you, that not ALL nuns and not ALL Catholics are as bad as the Catholics you have experienced or read about. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not defending those abusive nuns, or pro-Nazi Catholics, etc I turn my back on them, but you speak with hatred against ALL nuns, ALL Catholics. And I want readers to know there are good nuns and good Catholics on this earth.

Anyway, thanks for posting on my thread and earning me the MIL BUCKS

Perhaps religion was invented by people who needed a new form of control over their subjects and using (at the time) unexplainable phenomena of nature was just right.

If the high priest said that we must sacrifice a virgin girl (possibly even the priest would actually check (and maybe break) her virginity right before sacrifce) or otherwise there will be no rain even again and all would die, any parent would gladly give away their girl just be in favor of the gods.

This way we got ourselves what we now uniformly call paganism. Later a guy named Jesus Christ came up with an idea that God should be one for all and thus polytheism evolved into monotheism and then the dark ages of Christianity followed and.... Well, you know the rest.

Just a thought.......!

So perhaps it was Bob the caveman who was afraid of lightening and thunder, and decided that it was caused by angry gods in the sky. He told others what he thought, and they all got together to ask the angry storm god to stop making so much scary spectacle and noise.

We are all in the "same sandbox", building different "sand castles" (called religions)....

It would be nice if we applauded one another's creative efforts rather than smashing someone elses...we are always "borrowing" from something someone else did, every "system" on earth reflects and parallels one another, when studied without emotional attachment...

You asked me, condescendingly, if I was there? (re. Northern Ireland)

quote: ..... "I wasn't there old chap, were you?" You put the question mark and the end of the sentence. I gave you an answer.

You attack people for answering you query.

I didn't attack anyone, I simply replied to your statement

One more time, I don't disbelieve your accounts of encounters with hypocritical so called "Christians." I dislike them and disgusted by them. Mind you I have caught out anti-Christians lying about Christian hypocricy and or exagerating stories, but I will take your accounts as true.

I couldn't care less if you believe me or not

You have every right to be angry at the nuns.

You think?

My point is - or rather to the readership of this thread, as you are blinded by (understandable) hatred and bigotry and there's no use talking reason to you, that not ALL nuns and not ALL Catholics are as bad as the Catholics you have experienced or read about. That's all I'm saying.

I am not blinded by anything, I don't have a hatred for those nuns or the Catholic church, angry? Yes, hatred no.

I'm not defending those abusive nuns, or pro-Nazi Catholics, etc I turn my back on them, but you speak with hatred against ALL nuns, ALL Catholics. And I want readers to know there are good nuns and good Catholics on this earth.

I find it reprehensible that so called good Catholics go to church on Sunday for forgiveness and then commit the same crimes of murder and mayhem on Monday morning. Why doesn't the Vatican speak out against these people like they didn't they didn't speak out during WW2? As I said, I don't hate them, I despise them. I'm not the only one as a child who suffered at the hands of nun and priests,even today I have read instances where priests have raped little boys.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that all nuns and priests are bad, people can make their own minds up.

I might be a lot of things, but one thing I am not is hypercritical.

Anyway, thanks for posting on my thread and earning me the MIL BUCKS

The pleasure is all mine

Does it bother you that Church of England clergy have molested children but its Supreme Governor has never condemned them or their actions, although I'm confident Elizabeth Windsor would not approve of such behaviour?

Where are your angry attacks on the C of E? Or any other organisation including non-religious secular state institutions where there has been abuse of children, not by Catholic clergy, but by married state employed non-religious teachers / supervisors? Where are your angry attacks on those Governments?

No one has clean hands on that issue, yet you target and generalise about Catholics.

You need to do more research on how Hitler hated and opposed the Pope and the Vatican in the 1930's and in WW2, and for good reason given papal opposition to Nazism. Why was Fr Maximillan Kolbe and thousands of other Catholic clergy and religious gassed, shot, and killed in Nazi concentration camps?

Your ignorance and bigotry is amazing. But you can get help. Both are curable. Read all historical sources and not just the few that feed your bigotry.

Your ignorance and bigotry is amazing. But you can get help. Both are curable. Read all historical sources and not just the few that feed your bigotry.
It looks like its nearly time for a reminder that we went through all of this before. BritinAfrica wasn't here but you have no excuse.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/book-ids-polish-priests-informants-t33604.html

And No,... I'm not just picking on the Holy Roman church, as you will remember I socked it to the Anglicans who were going through their own little exposé at the time. Very recently we had an anglican, ex-catholic priest accusing the church of cover ups, regarding his own bastardisation and rape within the priesthood. See, it's not merely the acts that get people upset, it's the coverups and whitewash from above that inflame the public's sensibilities.

There's no bigotry, not in the slightest just an expectation of far better morals and responsible behaviour from groups that preach down to us supposed "sinners". The same goes for crooked cops and those who cover for them as well.

It's the old adage, "Shite always runs downhill, but responsibility runs t'other way" People or groups who put themselves, and authorise others, into positions of authority or trust, must shoulder the responsibility for those who act on their behalf. Not attempt to sweep it under the rug and move the culprits sideways to an unsuspecting parish.

It's very easy to see who needs help, and I'm damned sure that it's not people like BritinAfrica

Last edited:

Ok fine how about we replace Catholic in this thread with religion as a whole because either way they are all guilty of the same thing, the sooner mankind disposes of its need to hide from its fears behind fairy stories and stands on its own two feet the better, I think we just pick on the Catholic church because they have provided the most ammunition through out history but you are right all the rest are equally as bad.

Well seems I was wrong there is something we agree on.

:)

Last edited:
Does it bother you that Church of England clergy have molested children but its Supreme Governor has never condemned them or their actions, although I'm confident Elizabeth Windsor would not approve of such behaviour?

Where are your angry attacks on the C of E? Or any other organisation including non-religious secular state institutions where there has been abuse of children, not by Catholic clergy, but by married state employed non-religious teachers / supervisors? Where are your angry attacks on those Governments?

No one has clean hands on that issue, yet you target and generalise about Catholics.

As far as I am concerned they are all bad as each other.

If you cast your mind back sunbeam, I was relating "MY EXPERIENCES UNDER THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!" What part of " MY EXPERIENCES UNDER THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!" Don't you understand?

Did you expect me to do a crap load of research on other religions so I could say "All the other religions including the C of E is just as bad?" Get a life Padre.

You need to do more research on how Hitler hated and opposed the Pope and the Vatican in the 1930's and in WW2, and for good reason given papal opposition to Nazism. Why was Fr Maximillan Kolbe and thousands of other Catholic clergy and religious gassed, shot, and killed in Nazi concentration camps?

Yet despite this, their fellow Catholics assisted NAZI's to escape. Just goes to show where their mind set is at.

The only bigot here is you Padre. I dislike all religions and sanctimonious bible bashers equally.

The only help I need is getting out of my chair when my back seizes up.

Last edited:
Why do you get angry when your bigotry is rebutted? Are you use to people caving into it? Broaden your circle of friends.

There is a 12 Step Programme for Bigots, and one version can be found in Karen Armstrong's Twelve Steps To A Compassionate Life. Check it out. It would look good on your shelf next to your other text "I Hate Catholics."

The first and hardest step is to admit that you have a problem, but be brave. There might be a Bigots Annonymous Group in your local area? Worth checking out. Good luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-maygers/a-twelve-step-program-to-_b_812150.html

Why do you get angry when your bigotry is rebutted? Are you use to people caving into it? Broaden your circle of friends.

I'm not angry, I'm surprised for an educated person that you are so thick, you only read what you want to read. I can well believe your parents are from Northern Ireland, the national trait is certainly showing through.

There is a 12 Step Programme for Bigots, and one version can be found in Karen Armstrong's Twelve Steps To A Compassionate Life. Check it out. It would look good on your shelf next to your other text "I Hate Catholics."

As you know so much about the 12 step programme I guess you needed it yourself. I haven't got the "I hate Catholics book", any idea where I can get it? It will go well with my "Bible bashing numbnuts of the world and how to dispose of them."

The first and hardest step is to admit that you have a problem, but be brave. There might be a Bigots Annonymous Group in your local area? Worth checking out. Good luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-maygers/a-twelve-step-program-to-_b_812150.html

Now you really are being a silly billy. Get a life Padre and peddle your sanctimonious clap trap some place else.

But it really is strange that you don't answer Spikes post.

Last edited:
"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

But the good Reverend might not have reached that page yet.

Last edited:
"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

But the good Reverend might not be have reached that page yet.

Amen 42RM

It appears to me that some people may have missed a point regarding the general dislike of religion by people.
It is the hypocrisy of religion that sticks in most peoples throat.
In the UK the Christian church, regardless of denomination, is the second largest land owner and, therefore, one of the wealthiest organisations in the country, yet when the church roof needs replacing, its the poor old congregation who are asked to pay, while the church leaders sit in their palaces surrounded by their riches.
I have been called to a church because the good, God fearing Christians wanted a down and out removed from the church, where he sought sanctuary from the cold and rain, as the site of him offended them.
They wanted us to take him to hospital so he could have a hot meal and a change of clothes.
When we explained that A&E was not there for that and maybe as good Christians one of them should take this individual home and feed and clothe him, no one was interested.
I have seen so many religious leaders wave their holy book around yet they are more than happy to ignore the contents of that book as it suits them.
The "Not all nuns, priests, rabis, imans are bad" is quoted more and more by people who are trying to justify their particular belief's short falls.
I believe that the organised religions of the world have done good, but this is the minority and is driven by individual goodness.
The higher levels of the church exploit the good will of their followers to fleece them of the little they have.
Then when people challenge them, they trot out the usual tripe about "Faith" "Love of the Almighty" "Goodness" and so on.
I've peronally seen attrocities carried out because one person has a different view of how the supposed same god should be worshipped, we're not talking a different deity, but the same one!
I've seen people mutilated, tortured and murdered because they follow a different denomination and before anyone says "That's just the ignorant pleb mis-interpreting the good book" these plebs are being driven to theese horrors by leaders of the church.
I am no intelectual with a degree in theology and I do not have the slightest interests in the arguments of proffesional atheists and theologians, I just know what I have seen, and that is what has turned me away from religion, what I have seen done in the name of gods.

Last edited:
Absolutely spot on Trooper. Well said mate.

I really don't know what Padre is talking about when he said, "Why do you get angry when your bigotry is rebutted?"

What exactly has he rebutted, my personal experiences under the Catholic Church and at the hands of nuns or the examples I gave of Catholic higher echelon actively seeking out high ranking NAZI's?

Sorry Padre, you have rebutted nothing, all you have shown is your own bigotry, your own blinkered views and your refusal to read "exactly" what has been written.

Ah now I get it, the more posts on here, the more MIL Bucks he gets. I wonder if he needs a new church roof?

Last edited:
Come on, fess up, which one of you is old Alf?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5iUoFeqHPM&feature=related"]Alf Garnett on Liverpool and Ireland - YouTube[/ame]

Alf Garnet was my hero and my mentor.:mrgreen:

Come on fess up which one are you, the one in the middle?:mrgreen:

Last edited:
The Law of BritinAfrica holds that: If some of a group are bad then ALL of the group are bad, at least with respect to Catholics.

Lets apply his/her law to England and in fact he may have verifiable law after all?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4"]British are also NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES - YouTube[/ame]

The Law of BritinAfrica holds that: If some of a group are bad then ALL of the group are bad, at least with respect to Catholics.

So applying your logic Padre, lets look at this;
Oskar Schindler was a member of the NAZI party.
He was responsible for saving the lives of over a thousand Jews and is a Righteous Person in the eyes of Jewish people (Rightly so)
Does this mean that the NAZIs weren't all that bad?
I'm not saying that the excesses of the NAZIs can be compared to any religious group today, but the reason behind members of the Catholic church helping NAZIs escape Europe at the end of WWII were because they admired their anti-communist and anti-semitism.
Pope Pius XII new what was happening both during and after WWII regarding NAZI attrocities and the collabaration of the church in assisting NAZIS escape and did nothing!
Religion is corrupt and hypocritical.
If a government were any where near as corrupt and hypocritical as religion, it would be thrown out.

I seriously think that this thread is going nowhere other than invoking a lot of ill feeling and to a certain extend, anger (at least I felt it in some of the responses). As I mention before, can we agree to disagree?

One is entitled to believe what one wishes to believe- that is one of the basic tenet of human freedom. Does someone who does not believe the existence of God makes him/her a lesser person? Does putting faith in religion will make a person above others? Just because one person does not believe in God makes him your enemy, or will suffer the eternal damnation? Based on what? and who decides that? Who has that right to decide that?

I am a Muslim, I have been taught what I am now putting faith in. But that does not guarantee anything. Will being a Muslim makes me a better person? That will depend very much on what I do as a Muslim. So being a Muslim that makes me better than the Hindus, the Christians (whichever denomination), the Buddhist, the Jews? Does it? Does it gives me the right to condemn others just because they don't believe in what I believe?

As any person who profess a faith, you have every right to believe what you want to believe, but it does not give you the right to belittle others who do not share your faith...

So you put a video to put across your point- was there one is the first place?

Let me pose to you this question, Mr Padre. Is Australia an island or a continent? It can one or the other, or even both, yes? Depends on how you look at it, right?

Last edited:
Back